Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #1 
CrazyFishDude

Journal of an Unknown Musician

Dear Moderators: If we're not allowed to post off-topic journals in this section, then you can remove this. It's fine.

So, my friends and I started a band called "Your Options @re" awhile ago... And so far we've made LITTLE progress. I'm the guitarist, and we have two singers and a drummer as well. Sadly, we need a keyboard player and I only know one person who plays bass, but he's in another band.

A couple days before Christmas, we had our first studio meet (and the "studio" was my basement lol). Unfortunately, Dev, one of the singers, couldn't make it because her mom was getting married to her new boyfriend that day, so there were only three of us. We managed to record one demo. However, Lauren (the OTHER singer lol) wrote it, and it was literally about the TV show Glee and about how much she loves it. The song was called "Confessions of a Glee Fangirl" and we put it on YouTube for the whole world to see... I think we may be off to a rocky start (no pun intended).
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #2 
rubinthebetta

Maybe you should hire a songwriter... Not that there's anything wrong with a song about a television show, but I'm not sure that'll make you guys famous.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #3 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinthebetta View Post
Maybe you should hire a songwriter... Not that there's anything wrong with a song about a television show, but I'm not sure that'll make you guys famous.
Lol. Well, we dont normally write love songs or anything "normal." And Lauren is actually a really good songwriter. Normally, however, we write songs that satirize pop culture and normal pop music. We are kinda trying to go against what's popular at our school, because we dont agree with the popularity polls, cliques, etc. as well as the mass consumerism and trends in popular culture and music. I know it sounds like were those kids who rebel to everything to seem cool, but we do feel strongly about this stuff. We're working on a few songs actually ABOUT that though.

That, and we are kinda a weird band either way. We played at a school talent show awhile back, and I made this GENIUS decision to end the performance by smashing all the sound equipment and Alex's (our drummer) drum kit with my guitar... And the judges STILL gave us 2nd place trophy! Many kids at our school were scared of me when I jumped off the stage and threw stuff into the audience though... Yeah, I need to chill out with the stage antics.

Sorry this was so long, I guess I had a lot to say.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #4 
CrazyFishDude

I figured out today that a good amount of kids at school found out about the Glee Fangirl song. Tuens out Lauren put it on Tumblr... lol
Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #5 
CrazyFishDude

Wow, I just remembered this journal. Well, I've actually switched to playing bass, an we currently have 2 singers (stage names Gleek and D3V), a drummer (La'Taniana), a guitarist who is possibly joining in, and me (Shaniquah Fo'Shiquah). Yes, I'm aware we sound like Marilyn Manson rejects. We were just sitting around recording a demo, and this came up.... And now we also have some REAL songs written (quoting D3V, "I wrote a breakup song... Not because I've had a breakup before, they're just easy to write).
Old 06-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #6 
Fenghuang

You know, for a song about Glee (yes, I just looked it up), it isn't half bad. I like it. Keep it up. :)
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #7 
NeptunesMom

I went and listened to it too. It was interesting. It wasn't bad, but I couldn't understand your singer, or hear her really at all.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #8 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I went and listened to it too. It was interesting. It wasn't bad, but I couldn't understand your singer, or hear her really at all.
Yeah, that was just a joke recorded in my basement really, and the mic I had at the time sucked horribly and I couldn't fix the sound levels without distorting it further. We really have just been focusing on being able to play our instruments and kinda dropped the recording process for awhile, honestly.

Last edited by CrazyFishDude; 06-18-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Grammar errors
Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #9 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFishDude View Post
Yeah, that was just a joke recorded in my basement really, and the mic I had at the time sucked horribly and I couldn't fix the sound levels without distorting it further. We really have just been focusing on being able to play our instruments and kinda dropped the recording process for awhile, honestly.
I think you guys do have a lot of promise. I don't know if she's still your lead, but she had a very unique sound. One that I think with practice she could use to attract a lot of people to your music. Also, I think a little fine tuning with your playing and you'll all be amazing. It was far better than several of our local bands around here who have gotten recording contracts.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #10 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I think you guys do have a lot of promise. I don't know if she's still your lead, but she had a very unique sound. One that I think with practice she could use to attract a lot of people to your music. Also, I think a little fine tuning with your playing and you'll all be amazing. It was far better than several of our local bands around here who have gotten recording contracts.
Thanks! And in some songs she's the lead (that singer was "Gleek"), and in others D3V is. Ironically, I've only been playing bass for like 2-3 weeks and I've already wrote better riffs for bass than guitar (I had a good bit of skill and training on guitar, but all our band played was power chords, I feel a desire to change that). On that channel we also have a performance at D3V's school of one of our REAL songs. It's hard to miss, considering its the only other video on the channel. The sound mixing sucked so you can barely hear the guitar at parts, and "La'Taniana" (the drummer) didn't come for some reason which I forget, but other than that it was ok lol.