Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #11 
jinxhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyTheBetta View Post
He has some mild fin rot which is not a big problem, but while I was looking very close to your photos I've noticed some sort of pineconing... or am I wrong? Maybe are just the scales because he doesn't seem to be bloated at all. I am confused...
I think it's just the pictures, when I look down into the tank I don't see the scales sticking up/out, but I'll keep a close look!
jinxhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #12 
callistra

I think it's just his scaling. My dreamsicle has dark black outlining to his scales (see photo in sig.

I think it's just a little mild fin rot. Just to note since this is a new tank you need to be doing daily tests for ammonia and nitrite and eventually nitrate (drops kit): [url]http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=47838 Cycling takes up to 2 months. After things are fully cycled you can do weekly changes around that, plus of course a thorough vaccuming with siphon.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #13 
jinxhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
I think it's just his scaling. My dreamsicle has dark black outlining to his scales (see photo in sig.

I think it's just a little mild fin rot. Just to note since this is a new tank you need to be doing daily tests for ammonia and nitrite and eventually nitrate (drops kit): [url]http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=47838 Cycling takes up to 2 months. After things are fully cycled you can do weekly changes around that, plus of course a thorough vaccuming with siphon.
Alrighty, thanks! I'll go pick up a test kit tomorrow at Petco.
jinxhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #14 
Shewbert

Leave him to settle, if you are using plastic plants, just check there are no sharpish edges on any of them and give them a good clean every 3rd water change.
Don't put in any more salt for now, let it dissolve away with your water changes.
He has come from the shop, has new water parameters, new environment, maybe even different food.
If he is swimming well, alert, and eating healthily leave him alone, maybe put some light aeration in the tank.
It can take a few weeks for his body to acclimatise to his new home
Hope this helps
Mandy, Marine biologist/Vet
Shewbert is offline   Reply With Quote