Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #21 
RoMay

If you ask me I'd just take the fish care for it and tell her you did it; screw it. I have done that with my roommates betta. Basically it's like I have 3 bettas now. >_< It's a tuff situation but depending where you are fish are still animals and that is still animal cruelity. Fish are grey area, but a good bluff could get her to surrender the fish to your whims. Or as people have said put the fish down and play innocent.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #22 
aemaki09

1. If you think he is treatable, treat him.
2. If not, put him down
3. If this was me, I'd go ahead and clean the tank, say that it stunk like crap from the dead snail, while you were cleaning you saw the dead ADF (if in fact he is dead), and depending in weather or not you treat the fish, add him in on it.
4. If this was me, I'd probably just put him down. Better to do it now than try to save him just for him to get treated like crap by an owner that is wanting hi to die, and eventually suffer a long death because of inconsiderateness to another animals life on your roommates part.

Goodluck with your decision. It's definitely a tough one to make!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #23 
jsgossamer

Wow, I can't believe I'm reading this thread. Remove the dead stuff, clean the tank, feed the fish, get a heater and stand up to your roommate, who must be crazy if you are that afraid of her. I can't believe anyone what let a living being die because they are afraid of a little crud from someone else,
jsgossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #24 
asukabetta

Friends are friends jsgossamer, or roommates, living with someone isn't easy, and not everything is black and white.

Anyways I'm sure the decision you make will be the right one :)
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #25 
RoMay

XD My friend said "If it's anything like your betta tell her to take it, take care of it, and if her roommate asks where her betta is say she doesn't know. Those little cups that bettas come in can be found anywhere. It's not like her roommate is going to recognize her betta when it's healthy."
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #26 
shimmermepretty

heh yeahh wish it was that easy! I work with housekeeping in the dorms here, so I was just looking out for her and the poor fish.

But seriously. Like Asukabetta said, Jsgossamer, friends are friends, and living with someone else is not easy.

I've made my decision. The fish passed away. I won't clean the tank, if she gets fined, that's her problem. It's on her side of the room.

I'll give the frog to a separate friend that can take care of him if at all possible, since I'm sure she won't miss it with all the rest of the dirty stuff she'll have to clean.

So that's that.

It's really sad how people are. While I was cleaning other rooms for new people to move in (my job), I found another dead betta in a cold tank. People need to be educated.
shimmermepretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #27 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Take care of him! Who cares what she thinks, it's a life in danger vs a opinion. I have taken (and given back) fish to save them.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #28 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Whoops!posted that a little late. I still think you should have made every effort to sav th though.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #29 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmermepretty View Post
heh yeahh wish it was that easy! I work with housekeeping in the dorms here, so I was just looking out for her and the poor fish.

I'll give the frog to a separate friend that can take care of him if at all possible, since I'm sure she won't miss it with all the rest of the dirty stuff she'll have to clean.
Not knowing how close you and your room mate are, I would be very careful about giving away their possessions. Even though we have the best of intentions, that would still be construed as stealing in a lot of courts. If your room mate decides to go to the authorities (be it police or your school admin), then you have very little ground to stand on, I'm afraid, and may find yourself in more trouble than it is worth. I feel for the frog, yes, but tread carefully so you don't have anything nasty put on your permanent record.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #30 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Save it. Autocorrect :facepalm: