Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #1 
itamag

Betta fish internal parasites

I believe my betta Max has internal parasites. He's thin, and I spotted white stringy feces once. About the feces: I treated him for fin rot recently with Tetra Medica General Tonic. After a while, I noticed that the medication caused the live plants in my aquarium to die. I cleaned the aquarium and got the plants out, but some remained in becuase I didn't notice them. I was away for two days, and my family took care of Max in the meantime. When I came back I noticed the plants that were still in released some sort of white stringy things. - so I'm not 100% sure about the stringy white feces. He's eating a lot, but he's thin and the stringy thing made me worried. I won't be able to get any meds soon, what can I do on my own to help him? He's in a 4.5 gallon heated with a 25W heater on 28 Celsius.
itamag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:43 AM   #2 
callistra

You can't treat internal infections without meds. Look for a good soaking pellet (basically a crappy pellet whose first ingredient is wheat like Hikari), a source of Metrodazinole (either like pure by Seachem or General Cure by API which also has prazi) and maybe some garlic guard (not needed but could help boost immune system and flush parasites more quickly.

In the meantime please fill this out:http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

And photos would be helpful
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote