Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #101 
Sena Hansler

That's neat! I know that BBS lasts a while anyways, but not in bigger spawns haha. Little guys eat everything :3
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #102 
Myates

lol BBS tend to live only a couple/few hours in the fresh water.. why I am considering this stuff - kind of expensive, but it if helps.. why not try it? Whatever makes life a little easier when caring for them :D
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #103 
Sena Hansler

True lol. Since my hours have been cut back another week, I'll probably start a third spawn (GASP). Debating who... XD that way they'll be old enough not to suffer not eating a few hours.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #104 
MSG

How long do you keep your little babies in the sterilite containers?

How come I never see any current photos of the daddy bettas?

Mine still looks like crazy stressed out parent with his frayed fins. The ends are all curly now.

BTW, what brand & model camera are you using for your pictures? Most of your photos are always relatively clear & focused.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #105 
Sena Hansler

They are over a month old now. Usually I would have moved them at 3 weeks (spawn size) but since there was 17 I found it easier to keep them there. Now I'll move them, to encourage maximum growth.

I've shown the father bettas of other spawns, but as for this one I don't know what happened to Double O' Splenden. He lost his color, and just... Died. No signs of anything, he didn't have parasites, nothing. :/ even in quarantine he never got better. Though he came out of that spawn without a scratch on him. The most damage was a small bite out of his caudal. I'm wondering if the stress did him in? It's not uncommon, especially since he was about a year.

I use a Canon SX240, which does pretty good. It can compare to Canon Rebel T2i (BF can attest to it haha)
Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #106 
MSG

How many times can a MALE betta spawn before it croaks from "over activity"?

No wonder your pictures look good. Canon makes amazing cameras. I'm currently testing out a Sony Cyber-shot W170. It's a beautiful looking P&S camera, but it's horrible for the types of pictures I take.

No more Sony cameras for me.

This is what my crazy juvie betta looks like now. He ignores the fry now & minds his own business.

MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #107 
Sena Hansler

Hmm not sure? I retired Ares, though I could get another spawn from him it is not worth his life. I aim to breed them before they are much too old (1.5 and older is too old for my liking). My giant will be bred before be gets all lazy...

I had a Fuji. Dumbest camera ever. Never again. I'd grab an 80.00 canon before that thing again. Yours takes decent pictures though :) and your guy is a cutie :3
Old 02-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #108 
Sena Hansler

So, these fellas are being transferred into the 10 gallon. They've been giving me the "evil eye" floating in the tank, acclimating....
Old 02-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #109 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That's good. Will have to post pics soon!
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #110 
Sena Hansler

Unfortunately, there is a problem. Everyone was doing so fine, the heater works, placed a bubbler in one corner... Not sure if they were just sleeping but NONE of them were moving, crowding a corner at the top, floating odd. They're clamped up :/ I cleaned this tank (hot water, no chemicals) added tap water conditioner and all... I may actually have to re-introduce them to the old tub.

Edit: instead I halved their old water in a 1 gallon round bin, with their new water and am floating them. I just pray I didn't screw up and they all die :/

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 02-09-2013 at 08:22 PM.