So yeah how it started, im going to sleep at 5am, mom comes in at 8 and wakes me up to tell me she found a good deal for a 10 gallon tank with heater, thermometer, fluval pump, lights, fish net and a gravel vacuum all for 50$. Usually i would be mad for her to do this but we're talking fish here. So my friend is giving away his goldfish that lives in a 0.5 gallon fish bowl because he knows he can't take good care of it and i want to take initiative and keep it in a good home.
1. Can a goldfish live all alone in a 10 gallon?
2. I've heard of the 10 gallon per goldfish but if he is getting alone should i add something to him later on? Suggestions?
3. Do goldfish need heaters? At what temperature should they be kept in?
4. Is the fluval pump a filter or just a normal pump which means i'll have to buy a filter?
5. Any other things i need to know before caring for goldfish? And btw it's a fancy goldfish if that means something
EDIT: 3rd TANK, i messed up and can't change the title of the thread ^^