Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #1 
nehemiahludden

what do i do?

i just got a veil tail betta and he is extremely active when the water temo is at 79 degrees but not at 78 or 80 is this normal. and his name is whiskers, the reason i names him that is because i was asking him what he wanted his name to be and i had a list of 10 different names and when i said whiskers he came to the side of his bowl and flared all of his fins. i feed him the gold bio betta food and i use a stress calmer liquid drops and a freshwater salt to help him better breath. it seems to help. my only concern is the fin under him is splitting it seems to not bother him at this point but it does concern me. how do i fix this or is the splitting normal for a veil tail betta? it looks like 2 strings hanging down from his belly. is this normal or not?
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #2 
mattoboy

Might want to move this under the "Betta Health" section. Also, what size tank and how often do you do water changes? Is your tank filtered? It sounds heated already.
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #3 
nehemiahludden

no the tank is not heated it sits about 15 feet from my fire place and the bowl is about a gallon size.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #4 
Fishybitty

I'm pretty sure it is normal. I've seen that on soooo many bettas.
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Can you post a pic and is the tank filtered-any live plants and what are your water changes-how much and how often. What kind of decorations and substrate.

You really don't want to use aquarium salt long term with this species due to resistant issues and kidney damage.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #6 
nehemiahludden

re

i would like a list of foods and well everything i can get and need to get in order to place him in a 10 gallon tank. please i need item name and were i can get it. the price is of no consequince to me at all i would like to take best care that i can of him. yes all my pets are really not pets they are my family. and saying that i like to take the best care if them as i can.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #7 
nehemiahludden

my email is nehemiahludden@gmail.com
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #8 
nehemiahludden

i dont care if people have my email at all it is not the only one i have lol i create a new one for everything like this so i can post it to make it easy for me to get the names of stuff i will need to get