Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #1 
KuriousArtist

Smile Cobalt's Journal

Hey there,

I have been keeping Betta for a few years now and was always saddened and surprised when they would die 1-6 months later. I didn't understand it, I was doing everything that my local pet store told me and they still died.

I'm trying now for the first time in about 6 months and based on all the helpful tips on the internet, this site included, I am trying for a long lasting companion. I was also surprised to find that most of the things that any local pet store would tell you are wrong (no surprise for most of you guys I suppose).

So I finally feel I'm doing it right. My new Betta Cobalt was well I guess rescued from my local pet store. I brought him home in a 2 cup tub and had a wonderful tank all ready for him. He has a place to hide when needed and a plant for resting. He also has a variety of food. I had some freeze dried blood worms left over from my last one, I picked up some pellets, flakes and some brine shrimp. He also has access to the frozen blood worms I had for my newt who died about 2 weeks ago.

He has a 3 gallon heated tank all to himself and a low/quiet filter that doesn't disrupt the water too much. I read up a lot of reviews about Betta caves and found that this Bonsai temple was enjoyed by many Betta and owners alike I also have a thermometer stuck to the side of the tank to monitor his temperature. And medicine on hand encase he gets sick.

Now that I am armed with the right knowledge and the right tools I am hoping for a happy health companion.
KuriousArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #2 
Hopelessaddict101

I'm sorry that you lost all of your other Betta!
That would suck, especially not knowing why they were always dying :(

And that sounds so good for him - you sound like you're going to be the perfect parent for your baby :3 (And also, be warned, once you get a Betta (that lives) you will be addicted and want more :3)

I wish you all the luck!
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...

Nice to meet you...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #4 
KuriousArtist

Thank you both for you kind words of welcome and thank you for the warning XD it great to see an entire community of people dedicated to the proper care of these beautiful creatures. I hope that Cobalt will live a long and happy life as well as any others I may obtain in the future :).
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #5 
KuriousArtist

Thumbs up He's a happy fishy!

It's been 24 hours and I'm happy to say that Cobalt has officially settled into his new home. To express his enjoyment of his new accommodations he has made a beautiful bubble nest!

This just popped up while I was eating dinner he must have started it while I was doing some prep reading for school.
Attached Images

Tags
cobalt tank new owner