Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 AM   #1 
Skyewillow

I can't find anything I want @ petco

One of my rabbits received a $25 giftcard to PetCo as part of their Christmas thing where you post a picture of your pet and say what they want for Christmas.

I've scoured the site as much as I can, and I'm not finding ANYTHING that I really want (besides more bettas, but hunny said no). All of their decor is pretty blah. I can't get more platies either for a lack of somewhere to put them.

I looked at their rabbit and cat stuff too, but I'm not seeing anything that I really want from them. Plus, I don't see a point in buying anything for the cat or rabbits right now, because I don't have a place for them right now, and I don't want to buy it and store it, or drop it off at someone else's house.

It's kind of frustrating. They don't even have anything that I could use for my African Clawed Frogs. -sigh-
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #2 
RoMay

Yeah I noticed that about Petco their decour seems to suck. That's why I spend most of my time at Petsmart. The only thing worth getting at petco is plants have you thought about dropping by a store and getting plants for your fishies? Otherwise I would say stock up on bunny treats and supplies.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #3 
Butterfly

Nail clippper? Earthbath shampoo(LOVE this stuff), new towel? a brush? bunny wipes? bunny leash, 'food storage' a carrier, some clean up stuff... Or you could just sell it on ebay?
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #4 
Perry the platypus

Petco doesn't seem to have the right aquariums...
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #5 
Skyewillow

Butterfly, I already have all of that stuff! And we actually prefer using witch hazel diaper wipes on their ears. When I had my Englishes (Binky in Peace), those ears were such high maintenance, and my buck would get horrible buildups in no time flat! It was super gross.

If I can't find anything, I may just sell it. I don't like their treats (most of them are too "junkfood"), bedding is about the only thing I'm not majorly picky about, and they have some stuff that I'll use. So, I don't know.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #6 
registereduser

i would get another tank heater to use in case one of mine broke. or how about a stronger tank bulb?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #7 
aemaki09

Isnt that giftcard good for a year or more? Why not just wait and use it in case you need something in a few months?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #8 
Tikibirds

If it were me, I would probably buy a bag of chinchilla food since petco is the only place that sells food for them around here and two wooden ledges for her cage. That would be about $20 right there. And maybe a snozzle or 2 for my dog.

Or I would get one of those big bags of carefresh bedding in the white color. I like that stuff alot more then the wooden shavings which is what I have been getting due to price. Most likely the bag of shaving since the food is less. http://www.petco.com/product/10791/C...er=51515429155
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #9 
Skyewillow

That's if I don't start recycling newspaper for litter. I'm hoping to get them all litterbox trained. LOL
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #10 
registereduser

Have you ladies ever thought about using stall pellets for bedding/litter? That's what I use for the cats. Around here it's $6 for 40 pounds. I get it at farmer's supply type stores.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote