Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #21 
MSG

Anyone who has kids may want to think twice before leaving them at a birthday party..

I'm sure the 10 year old had other guests who took part in that goldfish contaminated cake.

That green blob was pure nastiness.

Nothing but chemicals, refined sugar & hydrogenated oils.

Why even bother to convince the "cake creator" it was hazardous.

The whole mess is decorated with NON food safe plastic trees and shrubs that are most likely covered in lead & other types of release agents.

Most of the food/desserts/drink that particular user has chronicled uses processed canned fruit/veggie fillings, cool whip & pudding mixes.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #22 
sandybottom
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
She said that she researched it first, and it was the same risks as Sushi.... I'm sorry, I don't buy sushi that could make me sick with MAD FISH DISEASE!

Plus, fish poop does not make a good garnish.
why would you give anyone food that has a risk behind it? especially children? i really feel bad for her. to be so naive as to think this was a good idea. to need to show off at any cost. to put her family in danger for a stupid cake. geez, next time just do a jello mold with gummy fish. way cooler and not nearly as deadly.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #23 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybottom View Post
why would you give anyone food that has a risk behind it? especially children? i really feel bad for her. to be so naive as to think this was a good idea. to need to show off at any cost. to put her family in danger for a stupid cake. geez, next time just do a jello mold with gummy fish. way cooler and not nearly as deadly.
I agree 120%. I have to wonder if her foolish pride is getting in the way of her changing her mind about the cake. I've seen where so many people have pointed out the risks and she seems to be in denial.

I also think that you are right about the nephew probably being happier with gummies instead of actual fish. I know I'd be happy with it. Sad thing is the kid probably doesn't know better and will love the cake.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #24 
Skyewillow

this was her cake from his last birthday. He's about to turn 11, and because this one time didn't end badly, she thinks everything's all good.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me much for raining on her parade. Ohwell... I wouldn't put a poop machine in the middle of a cake in a seran wrap pond. I know people put bettas in bowls on their cake, and even that's iffy unless there's a lid where they can't jump or splash the cake.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #25 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Goldfish love icing!!! So wrong...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote