Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #1 
zebra3

Plants and heater

Hi, I want to add background plants in my tank ( a lot) and want to know if I have to be careful planting near my heater and filter intake tube thing.
zebra3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

I have found if your plants are planted near the end of the heater that gets hot, they will get burnt or damaged. However, the leaves actually have to be touching the heater. Never had any issue with plants that are planted especially close to the heater, but aren't touching it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #3 
zebra3

Hmm that's tough. I'll have to post a photo later, but I wanted to add a ton of ferns to one corner of the tank, enough that the fish would have a time of it if he tries to swim through. But the heater is right there. I'll be back with pics...
zebra3 is offline   Reply With Quote