Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #1 
nehemiahludden

what do i get?

i have an empty 10 gallon tank amd i need to konw what to put it in to make my little guy happy. i would like a list of all items and the best brand to get. price is of no consoquence to me because this little guy is my family and i want to take the best care of him i can. i would like to know all types of living plants he can have in his tank with him that will not harm him and i also would like to know all types of foods he can eat.

Last edited by nehemiahludden; 01-06-2013 at 04:27 PM.
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #2 
aemaki09

you need a heater - eheim jager or hydor theo 50watts are good.
gravel or sand.
a lot of decorations like caves and plants - make sure none have rough edges on them you can check by running panty hose across them and if it snags so will your bettas tail
Basically, if you have the right lighting (flourescent 2watts/gallon) you can really use any type of truly aquatic plant and it'll be fine with the betta. Some good options are:: java moss, anarchis, marimo moss balls, java fern, anubias, rotala, moneywort, amazon frogbit, dwarf water lettuce, bacopa, hornwort, cabomba, crypts, amazon sword, etc. There really are a ton of plant options out there. I'd try to look for low light types though just because they are very easy to take care of.
Betta's dont need filters, but if you really want one look for either a sponge filter or something adjustable.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #3 
nehemiahludden

ok can you tell me everything i need for him please. i would like him to live a while you know. sorry if i am being blunt but i want to know everything i need including food and the names of everything i will need for him in the 10 gallon tank please
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote