Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #21 
nehemiahludden

can you please post link that shows final set up of a tank
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #22 
nehemiahludden

no i do not have the tank yet i am going to go buy one today.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #23 
nehemiahludden

should i have an oxygen thing in the tank for him so that it add's more oxygen to the water or no?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #24 
nehemiahludden

i do have a 180 gallon tank in my storage shed that i would love to break out and put my little guy in but i think that would be way to big for him at this point. so i am going to just put him in the 10 gallon tank for now untill he gets bigger.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #25 
Romad
TFK Moderator

No, you don't need an airstone - especially if you have live plants. Do you have chain stores like Petco and Petsmart where you are?

If you buy a kit like the one pictured here, it comes with the filter, light hood, & thermometer already. Then you would only need a heater, gravel, decorations, and plants to get started.

I'd also pick up a better water conditioner like Seachem Prime or API Stress Coat to use with water changes.

Good luck!

http://www.allpet.com/detail.asp?product_id=479081

Last edited by Romad; 01-06-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #26 
nehemiahludden

this is my little guy right now

Name:  20130104_131259.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  43.9 KB

this is whiskers when i first got him he was floating on his side and he would not swim at all. now he swims all day and jumps around in his tank he is now in. he was much thinner and much more pale looking and his fins were falling apart and looked like he was about to die of some sort of somehting. he had tons of little bubbles all over his body. after 24 hours they went away for the most part and after 48 hours they were completely gone. his fins now look like he had gotten into a fight but they are healing rapidly. i do not know how when i am only changing his water ever 36 hours and feeding him the betta min tropical medely.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #27 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehemiahludden View Post
i do have a 180 gallon tank in my storage shed that i would love to break out and put my little guy in but i think that would be way to big for him at this point. so i am going to just put him in the 10 gallon tank for now untill he gets bigger.
I wouldn't go much bigger than a 10 gallon for a betta. And he's not going to get very big so you won't have to worry about him outgrowing his tank.

I'm drooling over the fact that you have an empty 180 gallon tank. I'd have a blast stocking that one!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #28 
nehemiahludden

thank you for that link i think i will go buy one like that at petco when i go to do that tonight. and what heater do i need and what filter. i want to make this a custom kit that i made from scratch yoiu konw
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #29 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehemiahludden View Post
Attachment 73027

this is whiskers when i first got him he was floating on his side and he would not swim at all. now he swims all day and jumps around in his tank he is now in. he was much thinner and much more pale looking and his fins were falling apart and looked like he was about to die of some sort of somehting. he had tons of little bubbles all over his body. after 24 hours they went away for the most part and after 48 hours they were completely gone. his fins now look like he had gotten into a fight but they are healing rapidly. i do not know how when i am only changing his water ever 36 hours and feeding him the betta min tropical medely.

Awwwww.......... he's a cute little guy. It sounds like he's on the road to recovery. That has a lot to do with those frequent water changes that you're doing.

When he's in a heated tank and you start feeding him a variety of good foods, he's going to be even better.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #30 
nehemiahludden

my 180 gallon tank had at one time 3 balla sharks and a couple plecos in it. i was woke up by thrashing in the water and found my plecos had been demolished by the balla sharks. so i stuck it in the storage and have not found a use for it yet. i think i may break it back out and section it off into a few 10 and 15 gallon sizes and make it a place to put my betta's when i get more of them