Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #1 
FishFriend9292

What an exciting day...

So today a lot of interesting things happened...
I was at school when all of this happened, and thank goodness my mom noticed and helped. Around the intake valve of the filter, I have some pantyhose. There not very long, because I cut them. My mom was in my room, and she didnt see Marco in my tank. I got a bunch of new decorations so she thought that he was just hiding. Then she saw something wiggle inside the pantyhose. So she turned the filter off, and it was still wiggling. Then she took off the pantyhose, lifted the one end, and out he swam! He isnt hurt, in fact he is swimming around. The only thing is that a little bit of his tail got ripped. I gave him some nice clean water, so I will see how that heals up. But I am so glad he is okay!
FishFriend9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #2 
FishFriend9292

Also, for now the filter is turned off.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #3 
lexylex0526

Good catch by your mom! Glad he is doing okay after that!
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #4 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Oh Macro is such a lucky little fish, lucky your mum noticed him and was able to let him out!!!! I am sure the tear in his tail will heal just fine as long as you keep his water nice and clean which by the sound of it you are already doing Bettas seem to have an uncanny habit of getting themselves into sticky situations. My barrack tank used to be set up differently than it is now and there used to be a small gap in the lid about the size of a 5c peice (I am Australian) anyhow one day I was in town all day and I came home to find one of my betta divisions empty. The fish that was missing was a well known jumper. I finally found him in with the betta next door......(he had jumped through the tiny hole) they had been fighting all day long. The fish that jumped in was Jerry and apart from a couple of tears in his fins he was fine. Poor Harry on the other hand....... he had basically no fins left and several missing scales but worst of all his bottom jaw had almost been ripped clean of and was hanging by a thread..... I thought he was a goner but Harry was unexpectedly very tough. Despite his jaw he never missed eating a single meal, his fins healed completely and his jaw sort of reattached but a bit crooked. His wounds on his body also healed. He was left with mild Swim Bladder Disorder and a slighly crooked jaw but he recovered just fine I am just lucky that Jerry jumped through the hole on the right..... if he had jumped through the hole on the left he would have ended up on the floor and things could have been a lot worse!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #5 
FishFriend9292

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylex0526 View Post
Good catch by your mom! Glad he is doing okay after that!
I'm glad too!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #6 
FishFriend9292

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
Hey there,

Oh Macro is such a lucky little fish, lucky your mum noticed him and was able to let him out!!!! I am sure the tear in his tail will heal just fine as long as you keep his water nice and clean which by the sound of it you are already doing Bettas seem to have an uncanny habit of getting themselves into sticky situations. My barrack tank used to be set up differently than it is now and there used to be a small gap in the lid about the size of a 5c peice (I am Australian) anyhow one day I was in town all day and I came home to find one of my betta divisions empty. The fish that was missing was a well known jumper. I finally found him in with the betta next door......(he had jumped through the tiny hole) they had been fighting all day long. The fish that jumped in was Jerry and apart from a couple of tears in his fins he was fine. Poor Harry on the other hand....... he had basically no fins left and several missing scales but worst of all his bottom jaw had almost been ripped clean of and was hanging by a thread..... I thought he was a goner but Harry was unexpectedly very tough. Despite his jaw he never missed eating a single meal, his fins healed completely and his jaw sort of reattached but a bit crooked. His wounds on his body also healed. He was left with mild Swim Bladder Disorder and a slighly crooked jaw but he recovered just fine I am just lucky that Jerry jumped through the hole on the right..... if he had jumped through the hole on the left he would have ended up on the floor and things could have been a lot worse!
Sounds like one lucky fish! I'm glad he's okay.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #7 
Nothingness

A intank sponge filter is a great investment. It does not have the suction power of a HOB filter but does just as good if not better job at cleaning the tank and are less then $10. Glad to hear mom was there to save the day.....you should take her out for an Ice cream
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #8 
aemaki09

Wow!! Your definitely lucky your mom was in your room today!
Glad he's alright!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote