Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #1 
bluemoon11

What do you think of these?

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/pals-...ng-world-89354

8.75L converts to 2.25US GAL

I have a few small heaters that could work well, do you think this is a reasonable size? Desperate for more but space is limited. X
bluemoon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #2 
InfiniteGlory

looks like a good one for starting off and having a limited space. I have a tall 3 gallon tank and it's just right for my one betta, Glory.

I would recommend that you read all the guides that are posted here. I have learned so much from them.
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #3 
Sivan

Hello there BlueMoon, welcome to the forums. I see your from the UK. Where specifically, might I ask? I lived there for a year.

Regarding this particular tank question, it is a very similar kit to what is called a Kritter Keeper across the pond. The gallons/liters you posted as a good amount. What is important, however, is that you find a reliable heater that can fit inside easily. I recommend the Elite brand heater. A 25 watt Elite heater should do the trick nicely. These heaters are extremely high quality, have a lifetime warranty, and cost under 12 quid. Or at least they do on the US Amazon site. I'm sure you can ind them for a good price over there.

Personally, however, I am not a fan of tinted plastic coloring because it makes it harder to see your fish properly, which can be important for detecting fading colors and so on. A nice clear one would do you well. I also prefer glass because plastic tends to absorb medicines and other substances that I'd rather not have present, but this should be perfectly alright.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #4 
bluemoon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
Hello there BlueMoon, welcome to the forums. I see your from the UK. Where specifically, might I ask? I lived there for a year.

Regarding this particular tank question, it is a very similar kit to what is called a Kritter Keeper across the pond. The gallons/liters you posted as a good amount. What is important, however, is that you find a reliable heater that can fit inside easily. I recommend the Elite brand heater. A 25 watt Elite heater should do the trick nicely. These heaters are extremely high quality, have a lifetime warranty, and cost under 12 quid. Or at least they do on the US Amazon site. I'm sure you can ind them for a good price over there.

Personally, however, I am not a fan of tinted plastic coloring because it makes it harder to see your fish properly, which can be important for detecting fading colors and so on. A nice clear one would do you well. I also prefer glass because plastic tends to absorb medicines and other substances that I'd rather not have present, but this should be perfectly alright.

Thank you I'm from the Isle of Man, little island between England and Ireland :) where did you live?

I liked the look of it and price, for 9 I could get 2 or 3 with the room I have, whereas I could only get 1 more 5G in the space. I will look into the elite heater now!! The ones I have are 50w, checked the box. Thought they were 25s.

There is also this tank, think I remember seeing in store it's 12L, so 3G ish??

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/aqua-...ter-tank-92213

I like the look of this one too. But likely to only be able to fit 1 of these. It's glass and comes with quite a few things. Will order one of these and try and find the plastic ones next time I'm in store, see if the whole tank is blue. I didn't notice that lol.

Xx
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #5 
Sivan

Isle of Man? My significant other's mum just went on holiday there. Got me a key chain and sent to me for Christmas. I lived in the Northeast of England, a small city called Preston. Its inbetween Liverpool and Manchester.

The 12L one is not bad. I would inspect it in store, of course. The silly background would annoy me, personally. Otherwise the size and shape are good, so it is definitely workable!
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #6 
bluemoon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
Isle of Man? My significant other's mum just went on holiday there. Got me a key chain and sent to me for Christmas. I lived in the Northeast of England, a small city called Preston. Its inbetween Liverpool and Manchester.

The 12L one is not bad. I would inspect it in store, of course. The silly background would annoy me, personally. Otherwise the size and shape are good, so it is definitely workable!
Really?!? Small world lol. Not many people have heard of it lol. I was in Preston in November, but only the train station on way to London!
Have bought the 12L and NOT using the background that came with it haha. I have a roll of background that I use for all of mine but I quite liked the nemo one so kept it. Got a 40L but have put corydora and platy in it. 3 panda cory and 2 platy. Looks good. Half sand and half gravel. Will be having a change around though.

'Re scaping' my BEDROOM haha, so will be setting up more tanks once I've figured out the best space saving technique!! Xxxx