Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #1 
cerebrobot

Thumbs down Be aware of certain aquarium rocks!

I purchased some rocks listed on a website that were supposedly "Yamaya Stones" which are inert rocks -- wouldnt effect the PH of a tank.

They were cheap, about 5 dollars, but shipping was 20, so I paid like 30 bucks all said and done.

The second I opened the package I could tell these were a MIX of different stones and I saw instantly some white veins one some.

I tested them and most of them were NOT inert, and put them in a 2 gallon tank, out of curiosity.

Within 3 or 4 hours my ph was off the charts high. I am really frustrated because this site is all about aquarium supplies. They seem to be a popular site located in Canada, called "Angelfins" and I was really surprised they couldn't send me the right ROCKS of all things, sheesh!

Make sure you double / triple check rocks before buying any!! arugh!!
cerebrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #2 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hi there... This is a pretty well known company that prides itself on customer service. I suggest you send them a message explaining the problem and see what they do to help you out. :) It sounds like you may have gotten a mix of Ryuoh stones by mistake. The stones are all from the ADA company so they should be as advertised on the ADA websites.

Thanks for the warning as I was going to order Ryuoh stones, you made me look up all the ADA stones. :p
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #3 
cerebrobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Hi there... This is a pretty well known company that prides itself on customer service. I suggest you send them a message explaining the problem and see what they do to help you out. :) It sounds like you may have gotten a mix of Ryuoh stones by mistake. The stones are all from the ADA company so they should be as advertised on the ADA websites.

Thanks for the warning as I was going to order Ryuoh stones, you made me look up all the ADA stones. :p
Yeah they haven't responded to me and on their website it states they only accept returns if they are still in oringal packaging and since I put acid on the stones they won't want them or they will refund me just the charge of the rocks itself which was like 5 bux. Either way never again lol!

But yea there's a lot of cool Ada stones!! I liked the koke ones as well
Old 08-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #4 
cerebrobot

just wanted to post this update as well, they emailed me back stating that yamaya stones are not inert, stated that the greenmachine website is wrong. Not only is the greenmachine an actual credible website, RedCherryShrimp.net and adana-usa.com also stated that true yamaya stones are inert as well. Including countless forums such as theplantedtank.net and fishlore! They were so rude! lol! beware ANGELFINS!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #5 
taquitos

Oh geez. I've ordered stones from them but never had issues! Sorry you are going through that :(

I ordered Koke stones through AngelFins and they were fine -- I've had them in my tanks for several weeks with no pH fluctuations.

I was actually considering purchasing Yamaya stones recently, but I am glad that I read this beforehand!

Did you show them all the links? I am surprised they were so rude! They've always been so great every time I ordered from them...
taquitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #6 
cerebrobot

Yes I did, I sent a nice email first letting them know what I received was incorrect and that the rocks I received would SKYROCKET a ph without a buyer knowing if they trusted fully in the fact that true yamaya stones are inert, this was their response
(I didn't even mention thegreenmachine in the first email and also alerted thegreenmachine of their claim as well)

Old 08-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #7 
cerebrobot

so they offered no help as in refunding me, or offering to send more, or offering me to send back my limestone rocks, instead they just told me I was wrong lmao..

bottom line : just be careful buying anything for a tank!!
Old 08-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #8 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That's awful. :/ I just ordered two pieces of driftwood and some northfin food from them last night.
Just give a bad facebook review.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #9 
Stone

Well I know a company I will never order from........
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #10 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Since I am going to be down there in a few months I will definitely bring this up with them...