Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #1 
Newbettamommy13

Cool Life & Love with little Mojo!

Hey Betta lovers! This is little Mojo's Journal. Since he is my very first betta I thought I'd keep a Journal on here about him and the stuff that he does, stuff that happens with him, etc.

First Entry:

Mojo had his first tank cleaning with us today. My mom freaked out because the whole time she was afraid he'd flop out! Lol! I kinda feel bad that we had to destroy his little bubble nest, but I know he'll just build another one. As soon as we placed him back in his tank, he went to the corner where the bubble nest had been to look for it. I never knew that Bettas could have such personality as I've only owned goldfish before. Although my Calico Fantail, Pizza (see my signature for his picture) had quite a little personality. With each day that comes, I learn something new about Bettas! It's really a fun and interesting experience!

Last edited by Newbettamommy13; 01-23-2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Forgot to choose an icon
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #2 
blu the betta

how long have you had him?
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #3 
Newbettamommy13

Only a little over 2 weeks. We were quite a bit late on the cleaning but we'll be keeping up with the cleaning better from now on.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #4 
Newbettamommy13

Mojo's been busy rebuilding his little bubble nest since his tank cleaning last night. I got out of school early cause of finals week so when I got back just a little earlier I went to check on him and to say hello. He, as usual, saw my arrival and greeted me as if to say "Hey where'd you go? I missed you". While there I also checked his bubble nest to see that there were a bit more bubbles than last time I checked (he started rebuilding soon after cleaning his tank last night). I may or not post again today but if not then definitely tomorrow!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #5 
Newbettamommy13

Hey Everyone! Time for a new Journal entry! Enjoy!

Little Mojo's been VERY busy rebuilding his bubble nest. This morning I looked at it and there were slightly more bubbles than last I checked and when I got back from school, his nest had more that quadrupled in size! He's still working at it too, every now and then I look up to see him over by the nest, adding more bubbles.

A little while ago, I moved my pen around a bit near his tank to see what he'd do (very carefully though, so as not to freak him out) and he followed it for a minute then decided "Oh i don't like that! It's scary!" Lol. Mojo is very funny, and entertaining.
I won't be able to add more entries to this journal till at least Sunday night as I'll be in Vegas this weekend and my mom will be taking care of him. I might post a tiny bit tomorrow but most likely not, since I'm leaving at like 8:30 am.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #6 
Fishybitty

I'm glad the little guy is doing good. Bettas can be a great joy to have. Also a pain at times when they just can't tell you exactly what they are feeling ;p
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:50 AM   #7 
Newbettamommy13

@Fishybitty

I TOTALLY agree! Little Mojo is just so entertaining and interactive! I've only had him for a few weeks so I'm sorta more used to goldfish as Mojo is my first Betta. And yeah it would make things so much easier if they could just tell us what they are feeling or thinking.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #8 
Newbettamommy13

Hey Everyone! I am back from Vegas and will continue little Mojo's Journal entries!

So, as mentioned above I have just gotten back from Vegas and when I came home one of the very first things I did was go and say hello to little Mojo and I noticed his bubble nest had grown to be about as big as just about half the length of the tank! He's just always so busy with that bubble nest of his. Lol! Here is a pic of it!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #9 
rubinthebetta

That is so adorable!
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #10 
Newbettamommy13

Hey Everyone! Sorry for lack of journal entry yesterday was busy taking down Christmas decorations (yes I know it's late but one time they were up till Feb. Lol). Anyways, here it is! Enjoy

So, yesterday when I went to say hello to little Mojo after having been gone to Vegas all weekend (Early Friday to late Sunday night) I got my first flare from Mojo, Lol! Not a full flare just puffed out the gills for a couple seconds and a little dance. I figure he was either mad that I was gone for so long (I've never left him for more than a day) or that he just wasn't used to seeing me. Anyways, pretty interesting. Lol!

Tags
bubble nest, journal, male, mojo, veiltail betta