Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #21 
Julio1983

ok i cant find new life spectrum in australia...and im having trouble finding an ingredient list for atisons.

Thanks for your help everyone! :) :)
Julio1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #22 
Homer16

I also feed brine shrimp and blood worms once or twice a week for a meal. I buy the frozen ones. What I suggested is probably as good as you will find for now. If you can get brine shrimp and blood worms grab those too :)
Homer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #23 
Julio1983

Thanks Homer16!
Ill check out the local aquarium shop to see if i can get any of these :)
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #24 
puplove52

well I feed my betta fish 2 Times a day, but not much. I got my betta at Wal-Mart and they said to feed once a day sparingly. but I didn't think that was right. sorry if any grammar issues or miss spelling, I'm typing on my kindle fire.
puplove52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #25 
Julio1983

yeah i thought that was weird too, i was told the same thing when i purchased mine
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #26 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by puplove52 View Post
well I feed my betta fish 2 Times a day, but not much. I got my betta at Wal-Mart and they said to feed once a day sparingly. but I didn't think that was right. sorry if any grammar issues or miss spelling, I'm typing on my kindle fire.
There have been a lot of complaints against Walmart and other pet shops that sell Bettas about giving customers inaccurate information about feeding these lovely fish. Fortunately, we have BettaFish.com and other websites to help steer us in the right direction. Since not everyone has the internet the best we can do is try to help people to better understand the importance of proper fish care in whatever ways we can manage.

I am personally thankful I found this site and hope that I can help others in the way I was helped when I first joined. I am also glad that you managed to find us.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #27 
chardzard

hehe most of the stores that sell pet fish dont know much about them so u did the right thing by comeing here n asking a question my guys still love newly hatch brime shrimp
chardzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #28 
Julio1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I am personally thankful I found this site and hope that I can help others in the way I was helped when I first joined. I am also glad that you managed to find us.
OMG are you kidding?! This forum has saved my sanity!
I am so new to owning fish (let alone bettas) i have no idea about what to do, only what the pet stores say, however as i was doing more research on them (just for my own curiosity) i found so many things were incorrect!!
Its a fantastic forum for new people.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #29 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio1983 View Post
OMG are you kidding?! This forum has saved my sanity!
I am so new to owning fish (let alone bettas) i have no idea about what to do, only what the pet stores say, however as i was doing more research on them (just for my own curiosity) i found so many things were incorrect!!
Its a fantastic forum for new people.
I agree this is a cool column with experienced owners helping me (a newbie) out. In addition, I am thankful for the internet, ie Google, for helping me with my first 3 weeks of having Fred and Moses the Marimo Moss and sending me here with the search results.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #30 
chardzard

i remember when the first copper bettas came to Barbados it was back in 2004 the guys went nuts calling them Copper Gold at that point i was still about all fish then the next year the black copper came more hipe but this time they were calling Plate n i was asking wat is plate so when i saw 1 for the first time in a shipment a guy had order for me n a friend both of us say it look like black but copper at the same time so we took 1 to 1 of the pet shop n then the name plate came up i came back home went on line n could not find any thing but plate to eat food out of loli had given up at that point 2 days went lookin at copper gold n saw them name black copper
so from that time on when i want to know wat any betta i saw come here i go on line n look it up hehe some of the local guys get piss when i have to show them wat they dont have n think they have so the internet is my class room for the pass2 years n u guys r my teachers so just like julio say a big thx to all u guys
chardzard is offline   Reply With Quote