Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #11 
emeraldmaster

I always had a soft spot for the crowntailtype. I also like the darker colors, not purple or mustard gas. I do not like veiltails unless their tails "flow" as the swim (like a flag in the wind). Clear on the fins is an instant love! I put the males next to each other to see if the will react, this helps me to determine their temerment towards my guppies. If they are girls, i put them by the boys and see the reaction, i don't know why. And just like littlebettafish, i love the cambodian girls!
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #12 
aemaki09

I love IRID. I know its looked down upon in showing. But I love seeing that sheen on them!
Also their long flowing tails.

Color and tail still has a lot to do with me picking out new ones, but what truly got me hooked is their inquisitiveness. They love to pay attention to what is going on outside of the tank and what you are doing. Unlike most other fish that just glass surf or only pay attention to whats inside of the tank.

Last edited by aemaki09; 01-10-2013 at 09:46 AM.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #13 
waterdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
It's mostly the colour, I admit. I'm always looking for rare or unusual colours and patterns.
DITTO! I am always looking for what I call 'the WOW factor'. A different color pattern from the rest that says, "look at me!"
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #14 
Bluewind

When it chooses me. The little guys or gals in their little cup that follow me around. It shows me that they actually want to go with me (I know it's probably not true, but it feels that way). I also love expressive eyes!
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #15 
carbonxxkidd

With the exception of my rescue boy, all the bettas I have drew me in by having healthy, not clamped fins and being quite active in their cups. My HMDT was the most unique betta I've ever seen, as far as coloring goes, so that was definitely a deal breaker.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #16 
Solaris

I find it all has to do with how they react when they see you. My first Betta kept following me in his cup and got all excited when I got closer.
Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #17 
Bluewind

Oh! And what I mean by expresive eyes are those big beautiful round eyes with vivid colors like blue or orange. That little detail just makes them look so much more alive personality wise to me

By the way, I'm an Aspie. I like symetery and things that don't look messy. It's part of the reason that I dislike CT and DT. I know they are good fish, but I just can't get past that tail! It drives me bonkers

I'm also not a big fan of HM males that are not PK. The poor little guys just have to much tail to lug around for my tastes.

The other tail types like Spade and Delta are cool, but not avaliable in my area and I'm not one for buying fish OL (Inverts and plants yes, but fish would worry me to much. I have to see them to see if they speak to me). Some EE are also cute, but I've never seen them around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #18 
majesticstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Oh! And what I mean by expresive eyes are those big beautiful round eyes with vivid colors like blue or orange. That little detail just makes them look so much more alive personality wise to me

By the way, I'm an Aspie. I like symetery and things that don't look messy. It's part of the reason that I dislike CT and DT. I know they are good fish, but I just can't get past that tail! It drives me bonkers

I'm also not a big fan of HM males that are not PK. The poor little guys just have to much tail to lug around for my tastes.

The other tail types like Spade and Delta are cool, but not avaliable in my area and I'm not one for buying fish OL (Inverts and plants yes, but fish would worry me to much. I have to see them to see if they speak to me). Some EE are also cute, but I've never seen them around here.
Posted via Mobile Device
I actually have a soft spot for DTs, lols. But DTs I see usually have pretty good symmetry in their tails. I don't like CTs either, but it's because I'm afraid I wouldn't know when they have fin rot since their tails are like that.

I'm not too fond of HMs either. I mean, I'm open to the idea of getting one, but yea, like you said, they have too much baggage. My dad on the other hand likes HM with those long fins, so we don't usually see eye to eye because I would rather have a HMPK.

Last edited by majesticstorm; 01-10-2013 at 05:10 PM.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #19 
CrazyFishDude

I haven't bought a betta lately, but I almost can't resist when they "talk" to you. Usually the hmpk's at Petsmart always swim up to me like "Hey bro come take me home PLEASE." :P
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #20 
Vizja13

My most recent was a "He could turn into a stunner" that I could not leave behind (mom was mad but oh well). I'm HOPING for a black fish with red fin accents...and it looks like we might be headed that way. <3 for me it's really the color that catches my eye...mine never really get a personality until I've had them a few days. The new one, Alexei, is the fastest I've ever named one xP
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote