Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #1 
Rainbowscales

Smile Hey! New betta owner here! :3

Ello! I desided to bring home my..okay not my first..but a new betta fish, he looks rather lovley *points to profile picture* I'm still trying to name the little guy, I'm thinking sharky ahahha. So anyway, my tank looks pretty cool, I have water condioner and two types of food, tomorrow im getting a water heater as well as a nice cave for him to swim threw and hide it if he wants. I was wondering if there anything else I need for my new little friend, so far he is VERY lively hes swimming around and he looks MUCH happier then he was at the pet store, I just want my new litle buddy to stay happy and healty. when I was a kid my mom and me got a betta, a nice blue one, very pretty but he had ich when we got him and we dident know what to do so he unfortunatly died days after we got him. I want this guy to have a long happy life! If there is anything i need to get please tell me! also..are the flakes or pellets better for them, I have both.
Rainbowscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #2 
Sixwolf

He'll need a filter unless you're willing to do very frequent water changes. Bettas like variety in their food, so I feed mine brine shrimp, bloodworms, and pellets. I find they take the pellets better if they're softened in water as well. Make sure you have supplies to test water quality and temp. The rest is kind of up to your taste. Also, just make sure any decorations aren't sharp. If it's rough enough that pantyhose would get caught and tear on it, it's too sharp for a betta's fins. And if your tank is smaller than 5-gal, be careful that the heater doesn't overheat your water.
Sixwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #3 
madmonahan

What size is your tank?
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #4 
Sixwolf

I have a 5-gal for my betta and snail.
Sixwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettea, food, happy, heath, newbie