Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #11 
aemaki09
Member
 
aemaki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
So none of your fish have names? Then what do you call them? XD
By their colors lol
I did name my red white and blue marble CT "Patriot", he's the only one with a name

I'm superstitious about naming fish after all the ones that had names died.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #12 
madmonahan
Member
 
madmonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
But YOU wouldn't be naming him/her, it would be me. lol
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #13 
aemaki09
Member
 
aemaki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
Haha yeah that is true. If he/she survives to being sex-able, then I'll name her (if it is a her) sapphire lol Okay?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #14 
madmonahan
Member
 
madmonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
You don't have to name him/her! I can't wait to find out is (s)he is a he or she! :p
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #15 
Mal72
Member
 
Mal72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Always one step ahead (St. Aug, Fl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Looks like a CT to me too!
Congrats on your new baby!
They are much harder work than adults so be prepared!
They stress really easy so put him/her in a low traffic area without drafts.
you want the temp up to between 82-84* for a baby.
Also make sure you feed more often than you would an adult.
Live food is best, but if you cant get live I'd suggest trying to find frozen baby brine shrimp I think petsmart sells it. If you cant baby get adult and chop them up.
1 gallon is fine for a baby but once he/she gets about 1.25" you'll want to upgrade to 2 gallons or more.

I think that about covers it! Goodluck :)
Thank you! I will be sure to turn up the temperature a few degrees and look to get some brine shrimp. I wanted to get some for my old boy, Flare, (3 y/o Veiltale) anyway because he just had an issue with constipation. Him and my Delta get a variety, as is. And I definitely will give him a tank upgrade, 5 gallons just seems a bit over the top for him at this point!
He is in a very low traffic area already, so hopefully he remains happy and healthy!
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #16 
aemaki09
Member
 
aemaki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
Me too! It'll still be a while though. Right now s/he's only about 2/3's of an inch
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #17 
aemaki09
Member
 
aemaki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal72 View Post
Thank you! I will be sure to turn up the temperature a few degrees and look to get some brine shrimp. I wanted to get some for my old boy, Flare, (3 y/o Veiltale) anyway because he just had an issue with constipation. Him and my Delta get a variety, as is. And I definitely will give him a tank upgrade, 5 gallons just seems a bit over the top for him at this point!
He is in a very low traffic area already, so hopefully he remains happy and healthy!
No problem!!
I agree, 5 gallons seems like an entire state for a baby betta lol
but thats me and all the males in my house have 2.5's and my females share a 26.
I've actually got my baby in a 1 gallon for the time being too. I'm shipping out some of my boys next week so after that s/he'll have a 2.5 to him/herself
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #18 
Mal72
Member
 
Mal72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Always one step ahead (St. Aug, Fl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
No problem!!
I agree, 5 gallons seems like an entire state for a baby betta lol
but thats me and all the males in my house have 2.5's and my females share a 26.
I've actually got my baby in a 1 gallon for the time being too. I'm shipping out some of my boys next week so after that s/he'll have a 2.5 to him/herself
I've thought about downsizing for the Delta to a 2.5 gallon and getting the baby one, as well.
Flare is 'retired and grouchy' lol, so I'm just going to leave him in his 5 gallon. He's always been grouchy and that is why he recieved the name Flare. For a while, that's all he ever did!! lol.
2.5 gallons would give me more room for MORE bettas. Geez, I need help but it's such an addicting and rewarding hobby.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #19 
aemaki09
Member
 
aemaki09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Central, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal72 View Post
I've thought about downsizing for the Delta to a 2.5 gallon and getting the baby one, as well.
Flare is 'retired and grouchy' lol, so I'm just going to leave him in his 5 gallon. He's always been grouchy and that is why he recieved the name Flare. For a while, that's all he ever did!! lol.
2.5 gallons would give me more room for MORE bettas. Geez, I need help but it's such an addicting and rewarding hobby.
Well if you truly want to down size then why not just divide the 5 gallons you already have?

I actually would love to have my boys in larger tanks, but I'm venturing into breeding and hopefully showing next season so I don't have room for everyone to have big tanks. My entire room is already full and I have my grow-out and jars in the only part of my basement I can use waiting for a spawn
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #20 
Mal72
Member
 
Mal72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Always one step ahead (St. Aug, Fl)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Well if you truly want to down size then why not just divide the 5 gallons you already have?

I actually would love to have my boys in larger tanks, but I'm venturing into breeding and hopefully showing next season so I don't have room for everyone to have big tanks. My entire room is already full and I have my grow-out and jars in the only part of my basement I can use waiting for a spawn
I have thought about it, but most dividers are see-through and I don't want to freak either fish out. If I knew where to get dividers for bigger tanks that were not see-through, I'd be all for that idea!
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another wal mart betta I couldnt resist :( SpeakNow13 Betta Chat 29 01-19-2013 10:20 PM
baby betta, couldn't resist... ao Betta Fish Care 47 05-02-2012 11:20 AM
I couldnt Resist Meet Dante!! Betta Newbie22 Betta Pictures 3 02-08-2012 10:17 PM
New male dragon,couldnt pass him. Betta311 Betta Pictures 11 09-23-2011 07:09 PM
I couldnt say no...meet Mojito! SillyFinn Betta Pictures 11 04-02-2011 09:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.