So, I thought I could make a thread about this. I haven't seen one yet, and I'm always one for firsts!
A lot of people have difficulties naming their new pet Betta. Maybe they don't know what to "look" for when naming them, i.e their personality, colours etc. Or maybe they just lack imagination!
So, what do
you look for when naming a Betta fish?
Names that depict their personality include:
- etc etc
- Yuuta (Japanese for distant)
- Kaida (Little dragon)
- Honoka (Harmony in Japanese)
- etc etc
If you are looking to name your Betta after their personality, you would choose a name that "fits" under that category.
E.G - An aggressive Betta would have a masculine name, such as "Bully" or "Spike". A shy Betta - "Casper" or "Ghost". A friendly Betta - "Angel" or "Grace" etc. Each personality generally depicts a masculine or femininity.
A lot Betta owners like to name their Betta after their colours. Names and colours could include:
- Love (or 'Ai' in Japanese)
- Akane (Deep red in Japanese)
- Whero (Red in Te Reo)
- Aka (Red in Japanese)
- Rot (red in Deutsche)
- красный (Red in Russian)
- Kikorangi (Blue in Te Reo)
- ao (Blue in Japanese)
- синий (Blue in Russian)
- blau (Blue in Deutsche)
- dunkel-blau (Dark Blue in Deutsche)
- Kakariki (Green in Te Reo)
- Maota (Light green in Te Reo)
- Midori (Green in Japanese)
- Kimidori (Light green in Japanese)
- grün (Green in Deutsche)
- türkis (Turquoise in Deutsche)
- зелёный (Green in Russian)
- голубой (Light blue in Russian)
For marbled or multi-coloured Betta, there is endless possibilities
- Tawa (Purple in Te Reo)
- Poroporo (Purple in Te Reo)
- Mawhero (Pink in Te Reo)
- Murasaki (Purple in Japanese)
- Momorio (Pink in Japanese)
- Rosa (Pink in Deutsche)
- Violett (Violet in Deutsche)
- Lila (Lillac/Mauve in Deutsche)
- розовый (Pink in Russian)
- фиолетовый (Purple in Russian)
Also, a lot of owners like to name their Betta after icons, role-models, family members, artists etc!
Key things to help you for when naming your Betta:
-Time you begun ownership
-Things you like
That is all from me for now! Sorry if this doesn't make sense at all.