Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #11 
Rosso1011

RegisterUser, I didn't get the bad flu like everyone else. I have had at least 2 colds along with the 24 hour flu. We are having an outbreak of really nasty (think flu-like symptoms with no fever) colds in the area.

If I were you, I would ask a doctor. As I mentioned earlier, there may be factors in your life that we can't take into account. You may be better off taking a flu shot if you or your doctor feels that the flu can complicate any existing conditions.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #12 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Flu shot? Is it really necessary? . . . . wait on - I thought flu = cold.
Where I'm at viruses flourish during season change and many will catch (what I thought was) the flu/cold. Symptoms sometimes differs but generally its a runny (?) nose making hard to breath which in turn leads to headaches. Sore throat and cough, the whole body aches, sometimes bones (specially joints) also aches, weakness/lethargic(?), sometimes followed by fever (when this happens there's usually some sort of infection and antibiotics are needed).

Generally all that are needed are really vitamins - healthy body = good immune system = no viral infection. But without other meds this may take a long time (once you're sick). In my case, I'd rather heal longer than taking too many chemical meds. As a matter of fact, I'm into my 3rd week. The aching has gone so I can function but I still have a runny nose and sore throat. With our current weather, it would probably take a few more weeks before I am really cured.

This made me read about influenza (wiki). Though I don't really understand, I think I got the common cold which is said to be similar to influenza.

Last edited by indjo; 01-12-2013 at 02:09 AM.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #13 
MrVampire181

Haven't had the flu since that nasty swine flu a few years back. I never get flu shots either.

Then again I've only been sick once in the past two years since I stopped going to regular school and started doing online school.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #14 
SomethingWitty

I hope I don't get sick after saying this but I have not had the flu since I was 10! I have also not had a flu shot since I was around that age!
I don't like medicine.
SomethingWitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #15 
SomethingWitty

I've been pondering getting a flu shot though. It's really bad here this year.
SomethingWitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #16 
AngelicScars

We never get the flu shot. It doesn't cover this year's strains or even ALL of the strains out there. Why bother?
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #17 
RoMay

I hit peuberty got the flu shot got sick for 6 months; after some debate it was deemed it was best to avoid the shot.

I don't have the flu but I do have a chest cold; go figure. FLU FLU STAY AWAY!
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #18 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I have it currently! I'm already getting better tho. Headache, aches and pains, cough, chills and heats, sore throat, runny nose, drowsiness, etc. I have a strong immune system and eat well so I usually get over things quickly, and there's no way I'm injecting mercury and formaldehyde into my body (getting a flu shot).
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote