Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #1 
majesticstorm

good medication to have on hand?

Hi, I'm planning on making my last online purchase of fish supplies (silk plants, light timer, etc) and wanted to get medication that would be good to have on hand if anything happens.

I currently have aquarium salt and Seachem Paraguard. Any others? Kanaplex?
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #2 
AyalaCookiejar

I'd get Kanaplex just in case. There have been times I wish I had it on hand... It's a good antibiotic for internal bacterial issues, and it really seems to come in handy in a lot of cases... I'd also get Epsom salt, but you really don't need to order that online.
There are a lot of medications available and I really don't think it's possible to get all of them. A good thing to have would be Indian Almond Leaves... You can use this for natural treatments but it is also good as a preventative.

If you were to stock up on all kinds of medications, most would likely expire before you even got to use them, unless you have thousands of fish (and even then, I think the chances are small).

It's pretty hard to judge what kind of meds you may need in the future so it's difficult to pick out some to have on-hand.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #3 
LittleBlueFishlets

Epsom salt, as Ayala said. You can get it at grocery stores. Look for 100% magnesium sulfate. No other additives or ingredients. It's good for "internal conditions," like bloat. And it doesn't go bad, so you don't have to worry about any expiration dates. It's also not expensive.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #4 
majesticstorm

Thanks! I already have some IAL and planning on getting some epsom salt this weekend. Kanaplex it is :)
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote