Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #1 
Rosso1011

Cleaning acrylic tanks after a death

I was just wondering if any special care had to be given to acrylic tanks after a death has occurred in them. I have two 3.5 gallons that are empty at the moment due to the recent deaths of Rosso and Poseidon.

I don't plan on reusing them anytime soon but I want to make sure that they get cleaned as best as they can so that if I want to set them up for another Betta, that they don't contain any leftover bacterial.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want the tanks to end up with any residual bacterial that might be harmful to another Betta.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #2 
Kwomais

Try a white vinegar and water solution: spray and wipe, then rinse with water. It should kill most bacteria, as long as it wasn't anything really nasty.
Kwomais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #3 
Rosso1011

I don't think it was anything really nasty. I just want to be extra careful just in case. There was a heater malfunction/leak? in one of the tanks. That's part of the reason I want to be so cautious.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote