Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #11 
Laki

That tank looks to be a 1g right? So to prevent displacing the water and moving him too often you can use a small gravel vacuum or a turkey baster. I have not smartened myself up into buying a vac yet and I make all my weekly changes with the turkey baster. It takes a bit longer but the fish can stay in the water while I do it.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #12 
Ezzie

Its actually 13.5liters which is 3.5 gallons the camera makes it look small

Im okay doing 100% daily changes, i just scoop him into one of those little plastic take away containers and do what i have to do, float him in the new water to get the temp and slowly add the new water to his cup over 30-45 mins =) works wonders its just a time constraint i have with work, some days im working until 12am and i cant go about fussing with the tank and wake up the neighbours (apartment living FML)

He certainly has perked up since being home with me instead of stuck in a tiny over crowded tank
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #13 
Ezzie

Here are some new pictures with my decent camera (if i can EVER get it to take good photos )

edit: you can see his missing scales in these pictures, any thoughts on that?
And are you sure you cant see any fin rot? I dont but im not as keen an eye with these things! haha
Attached Images

Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #14 
Laki

I would try to get IAL asap. I find its safer to use long term than some of the chemical meds you can buy locally. I think missing scales are nothing much to worry about as long as you keep an eye on them for infection or discoloration.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote