Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #11 
shellieca
Reference Team

Total Bettas = 12 females & 4 males. 3 males in individual 10g tanks, 1 in a 5.5g, 12 females all in a 46g tank. The males all have names, Berry a CT, Simon a VT, Spot a Dragonscale something or other (can't remember the full label on his container), Sal a VT (I think, cup wasn't labeled). Only a couple of the girls are named; Flora & Pearl.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #12 
Irishdancer

I have six: four males, one female, and one that is young enough that it's hard to tell, although I think he's a male. They each have their own tank, ranging from 1.5 gallons to 3 gallons. I'm planning on upgrading them each to a 5 gallon soon.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #13 
carbonxxkidd

I currently have 3 males, 9 females and a baby betta (gender unknown).

The girls and baby are in a 29g heavily planted sorority tank with 3 otos in my living room. The baby is a riot, stealing food from the girls who are twice his size! All my girls are named after characters from Fringe: Olivia, Astrid, Nina, Etta, Ella, Elizabeth, Rebecca, Rachel, Gene. The baby isn't named yet, because I have no idea if it's a boy or girl. I'm hoping it's a girl so it can happily stay in the sorority!

Two of my boys are in a divided 5 gallon on my kitchen counter - Tooms and Krycek, named after characters from The X-Files. I also have 2 ghost shrimp in that tank. My other boy, August (named after an Observer in Fringe), is my first rescue and is also in my kitchen. He is currently in a 2 gallon quarantine tank. I paid full price for him at Petsmart even though he looked very ill, and in a little over a week he has transformed into a beautiful HMPK. I just ordered a 5 gallon kit from Amazon for him and I haven't really decided yet if I am going to let him have it all to himself or divide it. Either way, I want to maybe try a NPT in that tank.

I think my mom thinks I'm nuts because after I lost my previous boy, Scully, in November, I accumulated 13 bettas! Once I realized how rewarding it was to properly care for them (and the fact I don't have a life and needed something to do, haha) I just kept getting more! I do think though that August will most likely be my last betta for now, unless I do decide to divide his tank - then I can get one more. :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #14 
BettaPirate

Wow, so many fishies! I am so happy to see so many with good homes :)
I always say "just one more" but I know that I'll just keep saying it so for now it's going to have to be just the two boys.
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #15 
eatmice2010

I have one and his name is July :D
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #16 
BettaPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmice2010 View Post
I have one and his name is July :D
Great name! and the benefit to only having one is you get to spoil it even more :)
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #17 
eatmice2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaPirate View Post
Great name! and the benefit to only having one is you get to spoil it even more :)

Thank you:D and i do spoil him hes a big baby, Im planning to get him a 20g next week
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #18 
Kuro

i just have 2 been maybe wanting to get a third but i have no where to put another 5g tank and i'd feel bad putting the fish into something like a 2.5 when the other 2 are in 5g's.

the 2 i have now are Cain a red dragon veil tail and Aero a black orchid possible dragon crown tail
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #19 
RoMay

I have two, Kaoru and Jabi both females, oppisite personalities. I would like more, but unless someone wants to adopt a goldfish that isn't happening.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #20 
shellieca
Reference Team

Got a new male!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
Total Bettas = 12 females & 4 males. 3 males in individual 10g tanks, 1 in a 5.5g, 12 females all in a 46g tank. The males all have names, Berry a CT, Simon a VT, Spot a Dragonscale something or other (can't remember the full label on his container), Sal a VT (I think, cup wasn't labeled). Only a couple of the girls are named; Flora & Pearl.
Well, went to a couple LFS's & an LPS, ended up walking out with what was labeled as a Dragonscale Crown Tail male who was very sickly looking. Not sure he'll make it, but I'm giving it a shot. So, I now have 5 males!
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote