Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #11 
Syriiven

That looks fantastic! I think it'd be better to sell them that way too - healthy and actually on display, not shoved in a tiny cup. And i've seen some tiny cups!!
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #12 
Mirage23

I dont understand why they cup them. Just get a loooooong tank and divide it. Even half a gallon for each betta will do it's a heck of a lot better to display them that way and it's better than those tiny cups. They'll look happier and probably sell better too.
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #13 
carbonxxkidd

I got a phone call from Petsmart today. I missed the call, and so I haven't called the girl back yet, but I'm kind of nervous. The girl who called me back is the one who claimed to breed/have a sorority and is generally really knowledgable on fish and I like talking to her when I go to Petsmart. She gave me some free hornwort and MTS one time, and I am kind of afraid to talk to her and have her hate me.

(Just so everyone knows, I'm basically the definition of Minnesota nice...)

Anyway, I was really hoping that by emailing, I would either have email correspondence back or at least talk to someone I'd probably never meet, lol. What would you do?
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #14 
Syriiven

Might as well give her the call. Technically I think it'd be more professional for teh original person who responded to your email to let you know what's been done to change things, but...I dont know PetSmart protocols. -shrugs- Big companies have wierd protocols.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #15 
carbonxxkidd

Yeah, I am going to have to call her back tomorrow, I'm watching Bones right now lol! I hope that she actually does something, it's always so sad going in there and seeing how bad their fish look when they used to look so nice :(
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #16 
Mo

A Drip System
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #17 
Phaydra

They make and sell them already. This picture is an Aqua One 12 Betta Display. I seen another and I can't find it atm that's a 24 Betta display with 2g tanks that run to a sump and includes the heater. I remember the 24 tank unit runs about $700 which is fairly cheap for a display for retail use. I checked the price cause I was like "I so want that."
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #18 
Syriiven

That is so awsm....;-; boyfriend wont let me build one in the closet.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #19 
carbonxxkidd

So I went to Petsmart today because I needed to buy a cabomba plant and get some more MTS and so I talked to the girl who called me yesterday. She said they've been having some bad luck with the bettas coming in in poor shape. She also explained their water change schedule to me, which is right when they come in on Thursdays and again on Mondays...which really isn't enough, but oh well. She said that they come in blue water so what I saw when I was in there was how they came in before they got a chance to clean their cups. Their bettas actually looked pretty good today, all the bad looking ones had been removed. There was one in particular that I fell in love with but NO MORE, lol...he was a blue dragon with orange fins. SO beautiful. Anyway, she apologized about the state of the one I bought two weeks ago, especially after I told her about the high ammonia and how I had to treat him with both an anti-fungal and anti-parasitic med but was glad to hear he's doing great now. Hopefully next time I go in the bettas will still look good...
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #20 
Syriiven

I hope so...I still think they could change their water daily.