Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #51 
Vizja13

Yeah, it's only FOUR. It's not that bad, it's not like I'm spending all my money or time on them. Just most.

I feel bad for little Alexei, the mean petsmart people gave him fin rot and his caudal looks ragged. At least the clean water is doing him good.
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #52 
chardzard

can u get some alovera plant it help all fish to healas u treat them it good for even u skin, i say go CT to the copper if u can find a CT male then go for it, i still bread from pet store fish but i have a eye for fish some of my friends would ask me to pick out fish for them so take in wat the othe guys told ya hehe couse u will need it all yea they will make u spen a lot of money on them if i could ship some alovera for ya i would heck i have a lof of them growing in my back yard n i need to cut them back, so make some room for ur new babys geting ur class to help keep some of them is a good idea too, after the last pet store fish i got i give some of juvies to some of my friends , last june-july i starded back with 8 males/8 females have about not sure at moment lol but males out number the females for now(summer spawning in the carribean) but good luck i'll check back to c way u do ^_^
chardzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #53 
Vizja13

...what?

Thanks for the tip, I think (terrible at reading shortened/text speak, sorry). I'm a bit weary of putting that in the tank, since we have so many varieties here.

I've had friends ask me to pick out fish, tanks, food...teach them how to care for fish...I seem to be the "go to person" for fish among my friends. Probably because they can tell I'm such a nutter...
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #54 
chardzard

lol a" nutter" the green alo is safe for all use wat i can do is take a pic of the plant so u can see it, it's the same as the pic u see on some hair n skin products if u friends r comeing to u to pick out fish n other stuff that may means u have a eye for it, here is my tips for picking out good fish 90% of the time i tend to spend about 15 mins watching the fish i want in case of bettas if i can move them about i can see much more about them, my work give me a bit of flex time to study fish a bit so most of wat i have learn was from watching and talking to a lot of people reading some old fish books too now the internet so i'm still learning , i cant really tell u how to bread couse where i live we dont need most of the stuff u guys will need ,all of my bettas live in my yard so i dont need to heat up they tanks but need to keep the quilty of the water at it best at all times, 1 thing i can add maybe is use almond leaf to ur spawning tank give the male ur going to ues about 2 days in it before u add the female, by them u should have a supper size bubble nest
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #55 
Vizja13

Thank you Chard, I will keep that in mind :)

Sexy looks like she's starting to get eggy...girl I haven't even switched your food chill xP Least she's been getting the guys to flare.

SO I found a 29 gallon on craigslist with "corral background, multi-colored rocks, plants, Roman Coliseum, and pirate ship. It has lighted top, filtration system, and air bubble strip" (quoted from the page). $50. Should I bite, then later resell? (doubt I'd be allowed to keep though I'd love to make a sorority out of some girls from the spawn.)
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #56 
Myates

That's a good deal as it comes with the filter + hood/light.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #57 
Vizja13

Yep, will just need a heater, and will probably change out some dec if I keep xP Though...my room DOES have both colums and a Pirates poster. ANd an Avengers one. Oops...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #58 
chardzard

haha sound like ur geting like us i just came form the yard got some wolf out they for fish ^_^, i have stolen some info for ya from a fish site ,u need it after u get ur spawn too 2weeks old the IBC guys use it n i try it n it works supper ^_^ for me too, now where you are from u can get the best fry stater food so i wont tell u wat to feen them just wat to do from 2weeks+ it very eazy if u just have 1-4 spawns n works,if ur like me(job outside of fish)to grow u fry super fast it about the water u need a 10gal or bigger grow out tank so after they r 2 weeks old add 1 gal of clean water every day till tank is full now here where it get tricky u need a piece of airline tubeing to syphon the tank :)i have cut a 2 litre soda bottel punch a hole in the cap add a pice of airline tubeing to fill up the spawn grow out tank with, that y i say 1-4 spawns r eazy haha ok they should be about 3-4 weeks by then n have some size not to sure wat best to do first change water before feading or after the other guys my know better i only learn of this 2 years now oh and u must do it every day about 50%-75% water change never a 100% change 1 other tip make room if u plan on to spawn the same pair again milti spawn tend to unlock some geno of both fish if u have the room to do it
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #59 
Vizja13

I'm going to talk to dad about the 29 gal (I have the money, just need permission xP) And I can always get rid of the desk in my room I never use it anyway >.> Yay more tanks.

I haven't figured out the best food for my setup is yet, still doing research on that.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #60 
chardzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizja13 View Post
I'm going to talk to dad about the 29 gal (I have the money, just need permission xP) And I can always get rid of the desk in my room I never use it anyway >.> Yay more tanks.

I haven't figured out the best food for my setup is yet, still doing research on that.
yea keep at it newly hatch brime shrimp work for me i have try a few other foods in the pass they all work too but brimeshrimp work best for me, but the way i do it the other guys would scream at me and ask if i'm crazy but for now i keep that 1 to myself i'll post some new pic's of some of my girls was moveing them to a feeding trap soon time to do some more spawing my last spawns are 5 week tomorrow so i'm trying to pump them up