Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #1 
VegasShimmer

Happiness ......at last!!

I am new to Betta keeping and have changed, upgraded, filter versus no filter, heater or no heater, etc. for the past week.....and finally, I think everyone is happy now! For those who don't know about my herd, I have two betta babies (Shimmer and Casper), and one adult (Vegas).

Vegas is finally in a heated (10w) 3 gallon half moon that I am quite pleased with...and apparently, he is too! He made his first bubble nest today! He is absolutely loving his new crib! I decided on no filter as his tail is still mending and I don't mind water changes. His tank is only 3/4 full as I need to fashion some sort of cover over the large "filter hole" before filling it up any higher. His temp is a fairly constant 76-78 degrees.

Shimmer and Casper are both in each of their own unfiltered 1.1 gallon half moon tanks with a 8w heater, and they are absolutely crazy happy!! They are eating like maniacs and very active. Shimmer was not the best eater before, and now he is devouring his 2x daily freeze dried bloodworm with gusto! These kids will definitely be getting a 3g once they get bigger. Their temps are in the 78-80 range. Is this too warm? I will watch the temps closely this weekend as it is supposed to warm into the mid-70s.

Any advice, opinions, suggestions??

Pics below: The first tank is Vegas, his bubble nest, then Shimmer, then Casper.
Attached Images

VegasShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Nice job...I really like the look of those tanks and they are called Half moon tanks...correct....I have always liked that rimless look and you did a nice job with the scape.

The temp should be fine-I have found that Betta will vary with the temp needs...some like it better on the low normal side and other the higher normal side. All of my temps average 75-77F range in most of my tanks.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #3 
Laki

Nice tanks!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #4 
waterdog

Nice setups. Temps are fine. I keep mine around 80 and they are happy as can be!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote