Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #1 
AyalaCookiejar

Talking My new girls from Mo :)

I got three new girls from Mo yesterday morning and I finished acclimating them to their separate one gallon tanks last night. Eventually they will be in a sorority (after I get a few more) so the one gallon tanks are temporary. I have each of the one gallon critter keepers floating in the ten gallon tank for warmth. Each has their own silk plant and I have some taller silk plants inside the ten gallon wedged in between the tanks to block the view of each other a little bit. I still wanted them to have areas where they could see each other since they will be roommates in the future.

Here are some before and after pictures (the before pictures are courtesy of Mo) to show how they arrived after shipping. These pictures were taken last night and they have colored up a bit more as of this morning.

Pink HMPK
before

after

She doesn't have any fin damage thankfully :) I was thinking about naming this girl "Lotus" as her pink coloring reminds me of a lotus flower..

White EE
before

after

She has a little fin damage. She's a fiesty little thing and she is probably the most photogenic of the bunch :) I was thinking about the name "Stella" for her, since she is so photogenic and she has such long, flowy pectorals :)

Red dragon HM
before

after

She has the worst fin damage and she is the oldest of the three. She's much bigger than the other two... But she's super friendly and loves following my finger. I have some stress coat in her one gallon to help with the fin damage. For her I was thinking of the name "Okami" because her coloring reminds me of the wolf/goddess Amaterasu from the video game Okami... My boyfriend plays it :p

I love these girls already :) all are super active and they all swim up to the front of the tank when I approach it to greet me. All three are eating well, too. I haven't decided on names FOR SURE yet... I really want to ponder all the different names that I think would suit them before I decide... and also get to know their personalities a bit better.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #2 
Fenghuang

They're pretty little things. Stella reminds me of my Dantalian. She looks so fierce and lively, even in a photograph. Dante's the exact same way, except, of course, he's a boy. xD
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

She definitely is! I got more pictures, of course, and decided to name them now and change them later if necessary... I was getting tired to referring to them as "red dragon", "pink HMPK", and "white EE".

Lotus

Colors are showing much better :) She's got a nice iridescence.

Okami

Her fins are still a bit beat up but she's so cute. She always peeks out from behind those plants every time I approach the tank!

Stella

She's the fiesty one. Fins are looking better already. She is never hiding. The other two quite enjoy their plants but Stella acts like she doesn't even have one :p She is always trying to catch somebody's attention.

More pictures here. :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote