Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #1 
carbonxxkidd

Best way to get betta to eat pellets?

I'm sure this topic has been covered many times, but I'm having a problem with one of my females. She refuses to eat pellets! I have tried both NLS and Omega One and if she tries one at all, she just spits it right out. She has no problem eating frozen blood worms and brine shrimp and live daphnia. Is there a way to encourage eating pellets? Or am I just going to have to cater to her and feed her strictly frozen and live?

She lives in a 29g tank with 8 other girls and a baby betta, all of which will eat everything seemingly without preference (including flakes, which this girl also refuses). I always put enough in over the whole top of the tank so that everyone is able to eat. She's my newest female and looks skinny compared to the rest but doesn't seem to be getting beat on and eats frozen/live no problems. What do you think I should do?
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #2 
Irishdancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I'm sure this topic has been covered many times, but I'm having a problem with one of my females. She refuses to eat pellets! I have tried both NLS and Omega One and if she tries one at all, she just spits it right out. She has no problem eating frozen blood worms and brine shrimp and live daphnia. Is there a way to encourage eating pellets? Or am I just going to have to cater to her and feed her strictly frozen and live?

She lives in a 29g tank with 8 other girls and a baby betta, all of which will eat everything seemingly without preference (including flakes, which this girl also refuses). I always put enough in over the whole top of the tank so that everyone is able to eat. She's my newest female and looks skinny compared to the rest but doesn't seem to be getting beat on and eats frozen/live no problems. What do you think I should do?
Are the pellets too big for her? You could try crushing them smaller or soaking them first.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #3 
carbonxxkidd

I don't think that's the problem, considering my baby betta who is half her size is able to eat the NLS pellets (they're tiny). I will try soaking them first and see what happens though.

I'm kind of thinking she might just be holding out for the "good stuff." I've been feeding frozen pretty often because I want to make sure the baby has plenty of good food to allow him/her to grow and she's maybe just a little spoiled. Maybe if I hold off on the frozen food for a while she'll suck it up and eat pellets, lol.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #4 
callistra

Fast for a few days and then try feeding. If they don't like NLS betta maybe try thera a 1mm as it has more garlic. Eventually she will be hungry enough to eat.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #5 
billysurf

el problema que ella esta acostumbrada a comer alimento vivo o congelado,sigue suministrandoles a las demas las bolitas y veras que pronto empezara a comer
billysurf is offline   Reply With Quote