Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #1 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Please read before starting a stocking questions thread here

There are several things members need to know of your tank to answer your stocking questions. I have seen many threads in this part of the forum that must waste days as thread starters try to get back to people that inquire about these parameters.

TANK SIZE - Very important. Some fish work fine with bettas but need a fairly large tank by Betta standards (e.g. zebra danios). Please provide the tank size when asking any question here. Please note that tanks under 1 gallon cannot support a betta for any length of time.

CURRENT INHABITANTS - Some fish are not suitable for a betta, either if they grow too large, look similar to a betta, or may be preyed on by bettas. Others are fin-nippers and will wreck the beautiful fins of bettas (e.g. Tiger barbs). No aggressive or semi-aggressive fish, as they will more than likely pick a fight with the elegant betta.

TEMPERAMENT WITH EACH OTHER - I have seen too many threads asking if male bettas can be kept together, or if female and males can be correctly kept. If you have any questions, please visit this thread:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=124190

PLANNED pH LEVEL AND OTHER STATS - I don't mean to actually test the pH, but do your homework. You'll find that you can't keep bettas with Malawi cichlids, among other fish for the same reason, and not finding out lots about your desired fish species makes about as much sense as putting bogwood in that same Malawi tank.

Thank you.

Last edited by fishy314; 01-12-2013 at 07:48 PM.
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #2 
eatmice2010

1+

But in the CURRENT INHABITANTS(Not to insult you) i think when you wrote that you should of also included no semi-aggressive and aggressive fish
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #3 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Fixed. Thank you.
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote