betta fish

Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #101 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sorry for the rant.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #102 
FishyFishy89

The banning is unconstitutional, I don't think it will ever happen.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #103 
Bacon Is Good

Guns are tools just like a hammer or a wrench so the government should ban hammers and wrenches... no it is stupid as well as un constitutional.
Only 1% of crimes committed w guns the guns are obtained illegally. The recent crimes with guns have happened in gun free zones. For example sandy hook, it is illegal to carry on school grounds, the movie theater and mall incedents were no carry zones. Does anybody see what a huge deal the government is making out of nothing. The mall inceddent a guy start shooting with an ak47 a off duty cop( allowed to carry) pulls out a handgun to shoot the shooter but an innocent bystander walks behind the shooter so the cop doesn't shoot and the shooter kills himself. If we didn't have good guys with a gun lots of people would have died

Reason for editing left out parts
Bacon Is Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #104 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Think about it Di. Most of the younger generation don't watch actual news anymore, but they do watch sitcoms, tv shows, dramas, and so on. Things based on entertainment. Clinton was made fun of long before the scandal. God knows there have been plenty of jokes at Bush's expense. And both were criticed at one time or another over their policies and actions. Serious tv shows had episodes about something that needed to be fixed. I can remember CARTOONS I watched making fun of them. Even comics! But how many times have you seen a questioning or parody of Obama in popular culture? God knows they have plenty to work with! Broken promises. Colege "experences". His cultural background (they made fun of Clinton for being an Arkansan!)
No one is immune from the cartoonists... The reason why Bush and Clinton probably seem to have more is because they have 4 more years of being in office than Obama. Give Obama this term and we'll likely see the number go up. The other thing was Bush 2 was well known to make mistakes in his speeches... Something EVERYONE capitalized on. Obama is well known to be more measured and careful when he speaks... Clinton, well... He had that Monica scandal that I still hear gets joked about from time to time... My job keeps me outside the U.S. more often than not, so I had to do a quick Google search to see if any popular cartoons that kids watch nowadays made fun of Obama. Here are two results (there were a ton more, but my Ipad already time out twice and I had to retype... Lol):

South Park: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...oing-back-home

Simpsons: http://p.washingtontimes.com/blog/in...-votes-romney/

Anyways... Back to topic... NO TO GUN CONTROL/BANS and kill the zombies!!!

Last edited by DiiQue; 01-22-2013 at 10:05 PM.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #105 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Another innocent man was injured today in a shooting that made it to the news. Got caught between two kids in a fight. Who on earth gets into a fight with guns?! Honest that one probably only got into the news due to this whole hoopla already going on.
From what I've heard though you gun protecting people are the minority in the USA?
I just don't get it. But then again I think I saw that some schools in America you gotta walk through metal sensing things like at the airport before they let you in. I obviously have no concept of the safety problems you must have down there..

The thing I've noticed is that Americans are so passionately divided against each other. Don't think I've ever seen people get this crazy about Canadian politics..
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Olympia; 01-22-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #106 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Another innocent man was injured today in a shooting that made it to the news. Got caught between two kids in a fight. Who on earth gets into a fight with guns?!
well, it did happen in Texas
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #107 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
well, it did happen in Texas
Bwahahaha! That's too funny Reg

Edit: Like others have said before and I believe I have said myself, guns are a small issue that politicians and the government are using to distract us from real issues like jobs, education, disabled and elder rights, and so on. How do guns effect the crime rate? I posted some stats a bit back showing that the US has less victims of crime per capita than the UK in which has guns banned, so how can any reasonable person conclude that banning guns will lower crime when the data does not coincide with this? And what would be banned next? Bows? Knives? Farming tools? Again, all smoke and mirrors to take our attention off real issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-22-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #108 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, no kidding.
I seriously hope these kids were in a gang of some sort and not some random idiots that were all "let's have a duel then!"
:s
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #109 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Here's an afterthought.. Do you think in America you are desensitized to guns? Being around them so much that you get used to them? Like obviously you respect that it's a gun but you are used to it.
I know that if anyone I know here saw a gun they'd probably pee their pants in fear, I've only seen real guns behind the glass at Canadian Tire.
Think that might have anything to do with things? Not sure where I'm going with that, just a difference I'm guessing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #110 
Bluewind

Wow... you really don't think well of us do you Oly. That's your opinion and you have a right to have it, but sometimes what you say stings. Are you doing it purpusfuly or is your true meaning getting lost in translation?

I use a gun for food. We have too many deer here and wild game is EXTREAMLY healthy. It's also low fat, tastes wonderful, and cuts back on my grocery bill. And if no one ever hunted, the deer would overpopulate, many would starve or stunt because they would deplete their food source, and there would be more deer related car wrecks

I also use a gun to take down wild hogs which are huge and dangerous creatures that are currently incroching on the habitat of native wild life as well as distroying our food sources, our crops, our livestock, and bringing diseases to our animals

Finally I use guns to target practice because I want to know how to use it before I need to and because I love shooting my little .22 that was passed down to me from my pappaw

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-22-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote