Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #141 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Yes, let's look at the crime rate in DC as well, another territory with insanely restrictive gun laws.
i can personally attest to the crime in DC (having lived there for nearly ten years) there are certain areas where if you hear ONE gunshot, it's reassuring because "at least it's not burst fire" and this is in a place where you can't even carry a KNIFE more than 4 inches long without a damn good reason (utility for a job, basically)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #142 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
i can personally attest to the crime in DC (having lived there for nearly ten years) there are certain areas where if you hear ONE gunshot, it's reassuring because "at least it's not burst fire" and this is in a place where you can't even carry a KNIFE more than 4 inches long without a damn good reason (utility for a job, basically)
Could you give us some data since you lived there? I'm curious about the precentage of crime vicims, rapes, murders (with any object), and anything else you think would be relivant in DC and states with strict gun control vs states that allow guns, conceiled weapon permits, and such. I'm having trouble doing it from my phone
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-25-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #143 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Could you give us some data since you lived there? I'm curious about the precentage of crime vicims, rapes, murders (with any object), and anything else you think would be relivant in DC and states with strict gun control vs states that allow guns, conceiled weapon permits, and such. I'm having trouble doing it from my phone
Posted via Mobile Device
i dont know how the numbers stack up, i just know from experience that there are certain parts of the city you just don't go to with less than three friends along for the ride (most opportunistic criminals are much more likely to attack a single individual or couple) and those areas have a way of sneaking up on you. take capitol hill, for example: to the northwest, it's tourist trap heaven, with the capitol, the smithsonian, white house, washington, lincoln and jefferson monuments within blocks. cross one street into southeast, and it hits you fast: the neighborhood becomes the kinda place you drive through on your way somewhere, but don't stop in. go further southeast, and they could be handing out chocolate-dipped bacon-flavored gold ingots, and you'd still stay home.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #144 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

To all of you who think you need a gun for self defense, if all guns are banned or severely restricted there would be no need for guns. And to those of you saying "yea but what about knifes?" I ask you this- how many children would have died if he used a gun?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #145 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Sorry I meant to say if he used a knife. And the presidents daughters are protected because they are at high risk. The average child is not. Once again, there would be no need if guns were severely restricted or banned.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #146 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
To all of you who think you need a gun for self defense, if all guns are banned or severely restricted there would be no need for guns. And to those of you saying "yea but what about knifes?" I ask you this- how many children would have died if he used a gun?
lemme ask you this
how many criminals do you think will turn in their guns? how many criminals will obey the law and NOT find ways to get guns?

gun banning is just fail all over.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #147 
homegrown terror

banning ANYTHING is a failure because it goes against human nature.

all the laws in the world won't ever keep you safe. the only thing that will keep anyone safe is a mutual existence, which is the one thing the capitalist system fears the most, because it renders the billionaire obsolete. the capitalist feeds the statist, and the statist guards the capitalist. the age-old concept of "rule of law," which is presumed to keep people safe and orderly, actually serves primarily to keep these two parties in power. calls for gun bans are but the most recent stroke of the incessant beating that the few lay upon the many.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #148 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
lemme ask you this
how many criminals do you think will turn in their guns? how many criminals will obey the law and NOT find ways to get guns?

gun banning is just fail all over.
+1!
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #149 
dramaqueen
Banned

Unfortunately people think rules and laws are made to be broken or ghat they don't pertain to them. It even happens within my homeowners association. I would get in trouble for laying tile on my patio but my neighbor did it and it's ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #150 
Bacon Is Good

Exactly
Bacon Is Good is offline   Reply With Quote