Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #181 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Bluewind, homegrown terror, and bacon, out of curiosity, what are your degrees? And where do you get information? You are making a lot of information claims and I am wondering about your source, in no way to offend or judge any of you... And I see a lot or pro-gun people saying that anything can be used to kill anyone, and while this may be true, how many children would have died if he brought a spoon to the school- None. Guns were invented for the sole purpose to kill, whether it be animals or humans.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #182 
FishyFishy89

I wouldn't say no children would of been killed if he brought a spoon. You don't know what would of happened.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #183 
homegrown terror

i've never claimed to have a degree of any kind, i've just read and experienced a LOT during my life and tend to retain certain things.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #184 
Bluewind

Bomb, I think you made some excelent points. Thank you for sharing

Matt, I'm not saying that I am more educated than anyone else. I was simply asking that the low blows againts people who sited their educations stop as it was counter productive. As far as my own education, I have a A.A. GenEd graduating Magna Cum Laud (sp?) and PTK. All my electives were psy or science classes. Then, I went for COTA through a tough program and nearly was finished when I became disabled, so my classes were heavy in psycology, sociology, anatomy, physiology, and data. I citited where I got the numbers I used in my post. The other bit was personal experence. Pathos, ethos, and logos
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 02-06-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #185 
dramaqueen
Banned

People are always going to make comments like knives kill or hammers kill and are gtheyoing to be banned etc. Its like thereptile banning thing. They say the same thing. Dogs can kill so are we going to ban them, too?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #186 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
People are always going to make comments like knives kill or hammers kill and are gtheyoing to be banned etc. Its like thereptile banning thing. They say the same thing. Dogs can kill so are we going to ban them, too?
In some cities/counties certain breeds are banned.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #187 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
I posted this before, but I guess you missed it.
4. Mods are mods and mods are humans. Do not look at them as superior or condacending. They are people just as we are who are trying to keep the peace as best as they can
My comment about the mods or mod was not regarding their or her job as moderator and keeping the peace, it was her personal comments that came off as dismissive, condescending and a wee bit egotistical.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #188 
dramaqueen
Banned

The same could be said about some members.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #189 
FishyFishy89

That is what the poster said. Both sides were coming off wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
I think the dismissive and patronizing comments come from both sides, both members and moderators. Truth is those who don't understand why we have guns and why we are so against a ban on firearms will most likely never understand unless some traumatic event occurs where a firearm would've been useful and not even then. Not all gun owners are ignorant, rednecks or hicks or hillbillies. Most of us are educated and have chosen to acquire firearms after giving it much consideration.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #190 
dramaqueen
Banned

I believe that if a person has a problem with a moderator it ought to be taken up privately instead of plastering dissatisfaction all over the forum.