Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #61 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
+1 on Shirley! It's wild what the media paints us as. Yall as well! You would be shocked what your sterotypes looked like vs what I've learned from interacting with people overseas and those who've moved here. People even have stupid sterotypes for certain states! Texas, New York, Alabama, California... they all have um. And if I hear one more wise crack about my state and how stupid I am just because I live here, I'm gonna let them get up close and personal with my fist!

Yeah, I know I have a temper on my. I blame my Irish roots
Posted via Mobile Device
HA that's funny. It is so sad the way people view stereotypes. The media stereotypes every country. Canadians, Europeans... whatever you may be has a stereotype here to that I won't mention out of respect. Ohio's stereotype is funny to me. Did you know all men wear John Deer hats, ripped jeans and cut off flannel shirts? did you know that we all snuff? even the women? Did you know that all the people from Southern Ohio are all barefoot and play the banjo because they live in the "hills" and "hollers?" Did you know none of us can read? *rolls eyes* I think we all know better than to believe what the media says. Don't know why some people still do...
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #62 
Bluewind

Good one little! Before joining a forum before this one, that's EXACTLY who I would have thought of!

Oh God Shirley! Sounds like things I have heard before. Apperently, I need to toat around my IQ tests and test scores for morons like that to belive that I'm smart! We're talkin 140 IQ smart. And they STILL make fun of me!

Also, for those of you who don't know, I also have dyslexia, so I can't smell to shave my wife!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #63 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Good one little! Before joining a forum before this one, that's EXACTLY who I would have thought of!

Oh God Shirley! Sounds like things I have heard before. Apperently, I need to toat around my IQ tests and test scores for these morons to belive that I'm smart! We're talkin 140 IQ smart. And they STILL make fun of me!

Also, for those of you who don't know, I also have dyslexia, so I can't smell to shave my wife!
Posted via Mobile Device
OMG I'm crying here. My IQ last time it was tested when I was 14 was borderline genius. OMG! I can't breath.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 01-17-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #64 
Bluewind

*tried to do CPR, but because too stupid to do it, starts trying to work Shirley's arms like a water pump and puts her foot in a watch change bucket* Breath darn you, BREATH!
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #65 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

No, I didn't say any of you are stupid.. But it sounds like you have high crime rate, which to me sounds like bad economy and no good jobs (good jobs generally need education).
I can't imagine that situation Bluewind said about the guns, people silently threatening each other like that in a public place.
But hey we are just those jolly Canadians who sleep with our doors unlocked.
Still think it makes most sense for gun licenses to involve taking courses on gun safety. :/
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #66 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
No, I didn't say any of you are stupid.. But it sounds like you have high crime rate, which to me sounds like bad economy and no good jobs (good jobs generally need education).
I can't imagine that situation Bluewind said about the guns, people silently threatening each other like that in a public place.
But hey we are just those jolly Canadians who sleep with our doors unlocked.
Still think it makes most sense for gun licenses to involve taking courses on gun safety. :/
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually, all the liscensing for guns that I know of make you take courses. Are there any in particular you are thinking of? I would like to fill in the gap of my gun knowledge if there is. Also, it was all more directed to stereotyping in general. No offense meant to you or your opinions. We are all entitled to them. We all stereotype in our heads in one way or another. Part of the human Psychological condition. Plus I think what people took offense to was the "unevolved" comment. Unevolved can be taken as "You are not as intelligent as the rest of us". And boy do we have a high crime rate. In my area though, not sure about others but in my area, it involves vandalism and burgalary and beating. Or the stray farm tractor attack but thats another bad joke.

Not much happens here involving guns. Even in the cities. And I have to agree about showing a weapon in a public place. I am not sure about other countries but that is illegal here. You can't carry a concealed weapon at all without a liscense but if you show it without what the authorities concider reason you are in trouble. Even when you are carrying a concealed carry liscense. That's the point of a concealed weapon. To conceal it unless someone pulls a weapon on someone else. If someone pulls a weapon on someone else you are allowed to bring it out but not before. My brothers friend showed his like he was "big daddy" one day to a guy that was only threatening to beat my brother up. I told him he needs new friends. I think the last gun issue we had around here where both boys were arrested was a weird one. They were only sixteen. Even weirder, they were identical twin brothers. They stole their dads guns and went to the laundry mat to show them to their friends. Then the brothers got into an argument and decided to dual in the parking lot. Neither boy hit each other or anyone else thank God but they did fire. I do believe the dad did jail time too for that one. This would have been in the 1990's early 2000's.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #67 
homegrown terror

Quote:
We have no limit on hogs, but that is about our yearly limit of dear! What a wonderful thing you did feeding so many people!

I know your ideas mean well, but where do we draw the line? Rather than a gun limit, why not a mental eval every x years for gun owners? That way it would be fair to the man with one gun and the avid collector.

When it comes to drug tests, there are a lot of problems with it. Not the test itself, but the cost. What should be tested for? Should the already stressed government pay for the tests? Or should the person buying the gun? Wouldn't that put a strain on the poor who need guns for the purpose of providing for their families and thus be discrimination? So many questions and no way to answers them
Posted via Mobile Device
as for drug tests, i highly suggest that weed be eliminated as a disqualifying factor. not only is it on its way toward total legalisation, but have you ever met a stoner with the motivation (either physical or emotional) to shoot someone? most stoners i've met would much rather "hug it out" than resort to violence, and those that are the exception would spend half an hour remembering where the safe was, then another half hour finding the key, then in the intervening time, smoke another bowl and forget what they were mad about in the first place :p
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #68 
bahamut285

I agree with LBF and Olympia.

In any case, if you guys want your guns...then fine, but I don't think you should *NEED* them. As I said before it is going to turn into some sort of Civil Arms Race within your own country. I also don't understand the protecting yourself from the government...why would they turn on their citizens? Their citizens are one of the main sources of income? That is like biting the hand that feeds you.

Also regarding the carrying around a license thing, it's all well and good but as with any tangible object, ANYBODY can pick them up. This includes children, angsty teenagers, even harmless muggers. It's like needing a license for a car, you don't need one to hop in and drive around...it's not like the car won't start without one (there's an idea). I have heard of stories of 15 year olds destroying dad's Porsche (16 is legal age in Canada).

Last edited by bahamut285; 01-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #69 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Really Shirley? I thought just anyone could be a gun in America.. :s
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #70 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
I agree with LBF and Olympia.

In any case, if you guys want your guns...then fine, but I don't think you should *NEED* them. As I said before it is going to turn into some sort of Civil Arms Race within your own country.
Nobody needs them. I don't believe I saw anyone that says they did on here unless I just missed it. I love guns for more than protection. I have been learning the mechanical workings of them and learning how to take them apart and put them back together. I also have been learning how to repair them and the wooden stocks. I am one of those people that sees art in everything though. If this does turn into a civil arms race than it does. But the fact still remains that we have a right to voice what we don't agree with as do all of you. And I don't believe this will be a civil arms race. The biggest thing we are all having a problem with is some government officials want to take away guns all together. I don't even believe countries with a lot of gun control took away a persons right to hunt. We have a right to that little bit don't we? Even some in the NRA agree with eliminating the sales of automatic weapons. Not all of us agree with what some extremists think. It's just a traditional right we want to keep alive. Heck, I don't need a gun to defend myself.