Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #81 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
\And yes, people define an assault weapon by looks with no real knowledge. If it looks mean it is mean in Their eyes. They will always compare all military guns as assault weapons.
there is really no difference AT ALL between this, and apartment complexes banning pitbulls because they're "dangerous dogs." both situations cause too much ire in me to adequately discuss them in family-friendly terms on a family-friendly website.

Quote:
You mention Rosa parks, that started me thinking about book and music bans its all the same thing. They call the ones supporting guns extremists but I think those that ban things for our protection are the real extremists. Look at history and even today. Banning music, books, peta is a sub-group all its own. I have yet to see the NRA go over the top.
i point out stuff like this every time someone says a supposed terrorist "hates us for our freedom." no, they hate the US because the US is a terror state in itself, maybe not as overt as some from the past, but then underhanded subterfuge has always been more dangerous that the philosophical "enemy at the gates." "terrorists" see the US from the outside, and fear for the day that those foul tentacles will one day reach his town, his home, his family, and i honestly can't say i blame ANYONE for wanting to stop something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
a SKS is a great example of a rifle that is militaristic but it is great for hunting, it is related to the AK and could be classified as an "assault" rifle.
used to work with a guy who hunted with an SKS, he said the damn thing had a slippery safety and would dry-fire all the time, to the point that he had to keep the mag out literally until the minute he was going to fire. :D
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #82 
Bluewind

Quote:
You mention Rosa parks, that started me thinking about book and music bans its all the same thing. They call the ones supporting guns extremists but I think those that ban things for our protection are the real extremists. Look at history and even today. Banning music, books, peta is a sub-group all its own. I have yet to see the NRA go over the top.
You are so right Shirley! If we continue banning everything that part of the population thinks is offensive, how long until we become a society of censorship and opression? Ban guns. Ban offensive music. Ban offensive articles. Ban certain opinions. Ban all opinions and media that does not follow the rules. It's a slippery slope.

Just to note, I'm not saying that coountries that ban guns are headed in this direction. What I'm saying is that if we do it, the next thing we know they will be pushing for a ban on something else and so on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-21-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #83 
Bacon Is Good

They already banned media the goes against Obama
Bacon Is Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #84 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Is Good View Post
I've heard of this. It breaks my heart. He hasn't been doing any better of a job than Bush, but only people who actually take time to research it (which is not exactly easy) know about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #85 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have never heardof any media that goes against Obama being banned. Shawn Hannity is still on the air spewing hate and discontent and lying through his teeth.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #86 
Bluewind

More like strongly advised against along wish possible career suicide or network problems.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #87 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Is Good View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
More like strongly advised against along wish possible career suicide or network problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is said about any sitting President/party by the other party... Same old, same old. Fox is still going strong as well as Rush's radio show... Last I heard, they weren't pro-Obama. Where did you guys get your information from?

Last edited by DiiQue; 01-21-2013 at 10:20 PM.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #88 
kfryman

Media is dangerous period.

Anyways on the sub topic, I have grown from Obama is alright, to don't like him (trying to ban a rifle based on looks), maybe I judged him to early, to this guy is going to be the downfall. I find it funny when people still blame Bush, if it was anything it was his father, but shhh don't tell anyone. Also, what ever happen to pulling the troops out. Oh right another lie to get in office...

Let's try to keep at least something that links to guns, it has been going great so far though, so kudos.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #89 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post
This is said about any sitting President/party by the other party... Same old, same old. Fox is still going strong as well as Rush's radio show... Last I heard, they weren't pro-Obama. Where did you guys get your information from?
Think about it Di. Most of the younger generation don't watch actual news anymore, but they do watch sitcoms, tv shows, dramas, and so on. Things based on entertainment. Clinton was made fun of long before the scandal. God knows there have been plenty of jokes at Bush's expense. And both were criticed at one time or another over their policies and actions. Serious tv shows had episodes about something that needed to be fixed. I can remember CARTOONS I watched making fun of them. Even comics! But how many times have you seen a questioning or parody of Obama in popular culture? God knows they have plenty to work with! Broken promises. Colege "experences". His cultural background (they made fun of Clinton for being an Arkansan!)

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-21-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #90 
Bluewind

but all of that makes little to no apperence in popular culture. Why is that?

So going back to my point, the majority of the America public do not know about many issues and have no reason to think twice about many things because the subjects are never brought up! If you feel like judging, imagine working all day and have to choose between watching Fox News, Family Guy, Being Human, or any other popular show. Which one would most people pick? Something to unwind to I bet!

If public awareness goes up, then people will go out in search of information about it. Then, it will be redily avaliable because it will be in demand. But if the majority of people believe that everything is okay, they will just be lazy. That is of corse until stuff goes VERY wrong and we are all left in shock as we discover that the real issues were hidden behind a cloud of smoke while fo-issues were built up with hype and scandel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-21-2013 at 11:35 PM.