Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #21 
Sena Hansler

I thought it would be fun too lol. I have ten fry... From a spawn that happened twice in a day, and resulted in a lot of eggs... I may try Peaches with another male (the red) to see if it really is her, and if not GREAT! XD if so, I'm sad. Hence the second Cambodian. There were 6 there. That no one wanted o_o
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #22 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yay! Did you get them all at big Al's? Must of cost you a fortune! When and how are you going to get a dt female? And even though big Als stocks to many females, they take really good care of them. I love the half moon.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

When I went there this time their stock was not only low but SICKLY! I was shocked. Some males had SBD or rot... One had parasites. A female bad dropsy, and most were clamped. I chose the most lively, which ended up being the three crowntails.

The others were surprisingly Petsmart bettas... Where most of the fish were more healthy than Big Al's collection.

As for obtaining a DT female I will have to breed them myself. Janey the DT geno and Mickey the DT male.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #24 
Sena Hansler

Lucille is shown as a before and after... She is very dark! And as you can see, clamped. She will be in high quarantine with IAL, garlic guard in her food, and possibly AQ salt.

Melusine shows as a before, later, and after... She is very beefy... A good two weeks of super feeding should plump her right up for the giant. She will be used to not only create half giants but to even the caudal since his is wonky.

Hera enjoys munching on anything in her tank. She is a big eater wannabe. Plus her eyes creep me out O.O <<<---- her face o_o
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

make that 10!

Have another two plakat females. Now, I found that at this store in town their prices have gotten ridiculous. However, the majority of the bettas were obviously bred by someone since they were all pale orange veiltail males. These females were from someone else. They technically have the wild coloring, which is neat... But it is hard to tell on the second female. They were clamped in the store, and soon they shall unclamp! So now I have three, clamped, sad looking girls... Our Lucille is still not feeling good. Swapped the jar out for a shallow and long container that holds 1 gallon. She has an IAL half, 1 tsp of AQ salt, and tons of fabric plants to hide her. Delilah has a 2 gallon, and Kira has a 1 gallon.

Delilah and Kira.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #26 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Ahh they are cuties I love melusine I hope Lucille gets better!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote