Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #1 
Skyewillow

Any other frog keepers?

I have a pair of African Clawed frogs (both boys, thankfully), and was wondering if anyone else enjoys frogs as much as I do?

They can be ANY kind of frog, please let us know what the species if when you share! If you want, you can layout what kind of setup you have.

Here's my boys, the albino was a pet-store pity purchase, he was severely emaciated, and now he's about 3" including those drumsticks of his LOL. The brown (wild phase) was just too pretty to pass up! I love my boys, we hang out at the computer.

Frankie

Freddie

their temporary 5.5 gal, filter with a whisper 10 gal in-tank filter. They share this with a small group of "feeder" guppies, a ghost shrimp, a few ramshorn snails, and a fingernail clam. (their eventual home will be a 55 gallon when I move).
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #2 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I have four ADFs.. two regular two blonde..

Atilla (girl) and The Hun (boy):

And my still unnamed blondies:
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #3 
Skyewillow

They're so cute and little! Eventually, I'd like to get a couple of ADF's, but until the boys move into their big tank that's not happening
Old 01-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #4 
kfryman

For the longest time I was going to get Poison Dart frogs, but the lack of room and no room to show them off made me change my mind and wait till I have the room for a setup with a pair.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #5 
Skyewillow

Dart frogs are really cool. My favorites are the blue dart frogs.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

I have a pacman frog! His name is Bean's. He is in a 10 gallon tank since he is still a baby. I use coconut fiber bedding and a cave that is made of a hollowed out tree limb that I got at petsmart. When he gets a little older I plan on putting him into a 15 gallon tank since these guys can get to be about five to seven inches in length. He's about the size of a dollar coin right now. He was a little bigger than a quarter when we bought him.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #7 
Skyewillow

What inspired you to get a Pacman? Is he green or albino?

They've started doing color morphs now. I just saw a red one online the other day.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #8 
Shirleythebetta

Well I was dating a horrible man who had one and I ended up getting attatched. When I broke up with him I asked him nicely if I could have him because he wasn't financially able and to hurt me he said no. I believe the frog probably got dumped into a cold creek. Even though they will drown and they need heat to live. They are tropical as you probably know.

I told my now husband of one year (yay) what he did just to hurt me and I talked about that little frog (hopper) all the time. He took me to petsmart and bought me my little Bean's and told me now no one can take him away. Made me want to cry. He is a green juvi. I believe I have some pics in my album and on my journal. I would post one but he is burried and I can't find my USB flash drive which holds all his pictures. I need some recent ones. He's grown a bit.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #9 
Skyewillow

That really sucks about Hopper, but awesome that your husband got you Bean! (Sounds like a keeper )
Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #10 
LadyVictorian

I have an ADF named Bilbo Froggins who lives with me betta Aquarius. I'm looking into getting another male named Frodo Froggins once I get Aquarius and Bilbo a 10 gallon tank. My frog has an unhealthy attachment to my betta which my betta partially shares in. He has tried to hug Aquarius a few times when he lays on the bottom of the tank and scares the living daylights out of Aquarius. He also follows him around the tank sometimes and I often catch the two sitting side by side near the moss ball at night where the sleep together. Froggins refuses to eat or come out of hiding if I remove Aquarius from the tank, he's such a funny guy and ALWAYS knows when I break out food. Once he see's the jar I thaw his food in he literally climbs the wall of the tank to come eat xD

Sorry for the poor quality.

LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote