Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #1 
AukWord

Plan B Spawn, Orange Copper CT X Orange Grizzle CT

So, since the first spawn did not work out, went to Plan B, er, actually Plan E, as this was my fifth priority spawn, in all my best-laid-plans.

Where my DT X HM pair were like Sheldon and Amy on BBT, this pair are like bunny rabbits.

Seriously, less than ten minutes together, and she's dropping eggs.

Now, whether we'll get actual fertilized eggs or not remains to be seen as he can't quite figure out how to wrap her, but he's making valiant efforts and the two are quite focused on their task.

My crappy camera does not begin to do justice to this imported boy. He is copper and white on his body, has marbled to solid copper and back to this pattern, in just a few short weeks, really fun fish. (Oh, and his tail damage is from where he jumped a divider and had a small rumble with his neighbor a couple weeks ago--he now has an extra barrier to keep him out of trouble.)

Breeder's pic of him--he's changed a lot:

Breeder's pic of her:

My bad pic of her:

You can see she's pretty eggy in this one:

The two at first intro:

Right after that one, they went back into the bushes and got busy.

Never thought I'd do CTs first, but hey, gotta work with whoever Mother Nature says is ready.

The bonus is the next spawn will be either HMPK or HM for sure, and I may be able to combine the two spawns in the same grow-out, not to be counting my chickens before they are hatched, or even before the eggs are laid...
AukWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #2 
Lilypad

Hope this one works out!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #3 
Elleth

Pretty! Can't wait to see babies.
Elleth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #4 
FinnDublynn

That's a LOT of eggs..... lol
FinnDublynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #5 
AukWord

Yeah, her extreme egginess is part of why I said, WTH and threw those two in together.

Appreciate the well-wishes for the spawn, folks. I know there aren't as many CT fans as of other types, but with unusual colors and nice clean, consistent rays in the finnage, I'm hoping there will be people interested in these babies.

My second choice pair was Lenny and a red/multi female, but girlfish suddenly looked just "not ready" to me, despite the fact I feed them all, daily, pretty much the same way you'd feed to condition for spawning.

Lenny:

So many choices, so few extra tanks...
Old 07-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #6 
LittleBettaFish
Reference Team

Lovely pair. Look forward to (potentially) seeing what they throw.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #7 
AukWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Lovely pair. Look forward to (potentially) seeing what they throw.
Thank you! Looks good so far, been trying to leave them in peace and not hover and disturb them.

But he's now really enlarging his bubble nest. Still no eggs in it, but I figure they'll get the hang of things, soon, hopefully.

The other pair was a no-go. Darwinism in action
Old 07-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #8 
LittleBettaFish
Reference Team

Yeah it's hard not to hover around. My wilds are used to me half-blinding them with the torch when I spy on them.

Virgin pairs are so awkward. It's almost embarrassing to watch. Hopefully they get the hang of it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:06 AM   #9 
AukWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Yeah it's hard not to hover around. My wilds are used to me half-blinding them with the torch when I spy on them.

Virgin pairs are so awkward. It's almost embarrassing to watch. Hopefully they get the hang of it.
LOL, I was totally forcing a non-fish-person friend of mine to listen to the Spawn Saga on the phone earlier this evening.

She finally "got it" when I told her they were like two sixteen year old virgins in the backseat of a car.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #10 
FinnDublynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AukWord View Post
LOL, I was totally forcing a non-fish-person friend of mine to listen to the Spawn Saga on the phone earlier this evening.

She finally "got it" when I told her they were like two sixteen year old virgins in the backseat of a car.

The sad part to this?? My first thought was, "there are 16 year olds who are still virgins???"....
FinnDublynn is online now   Reply With Quote