Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #31 
Sena Hansler

I had a couple males who I left with the fry after they were free swimming for a couple days, with no problem. However since they were long finned, I was seeing they become very exhausted, especially the one who kept trying to round his children up back under the nest
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #32 
GhostFeather

He was in there 7 days.
The first 4-5 days he built bubble nests every day,the nests would break up after I syphoned some water from the tank and he would rebuild them.
Day 6 I noticed I did not see very many fry swimming around,the 7th day I did not see any.
I do not know if him stopping building nests had anything to do with it,maybe he built the nests thinking he had to put them back in??
I will try again(with the same male)latter and see if things work out.
Bill
GhostFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #33 
Sena Hansler

Especially if it were his first time :3 More experience is definitely better.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #34 
MSG

Thinking of removing the 3 month semi crazy betta daddy.

He's just way too paranoid even with a jungle like live plants scattered all over the tank. From time to time I would observe him freak out & start swimming around the tank at high bursts of speed.

He's not scratching himself or anything. It could be due to his little runt sibling he's constantly trying to get at that's floating in a plastic insert inside the 12 day fry tank.
  • I've also seen him signal to the fry, the ones closest swam over. He proceeds to eat a few. Then immediately swims off @ high speed to do several laps around the tank.

• When he returns, mouth opens up 4 tiny fry emerge, all dazed & confused for 1-2 minutes.

• I've also seen 3 month old ram the babies @ high speeds like a "raging bull" with parts of his body.

I'm still new to this, but I'm pretty sure that's not good for the little underdeveloped organs.

The other reason I think he's somewhat frantic/crazy is his fins resemble a unprepared mother with a newborn. You know hair all disheveled/clothes all messy because the newborn baby is driving her crazy through lack of sleep, constant feedings/changing/etc....

Father should be a superdelta juvie, but fins resemble a crowntail due to all his extra activity.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #35 
Sena Hansler

Hahah Maine did that. Patrolled the tank like a madman, snatched up his fry, dragged them back to the nest and released them (and they were all dazed and confused) then they'd dart away, and he'd bring them back... hard beig a dad of 100+. Don't blame the dishevelled look ;p