Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #1 
Syriiven

Cool Betta Chance!

As promised, here is my new thread for digital betta art commissions. Since it was so popular, I've decided to make it fair to everyone (including myself) there will be a few rules actually applied to this.

So how this will work is between 1 AM Wednesday morning to mignight on Friday you will be allowed to post a picture of the betta you want drawn. The order in which you post is your slot. So, first post gets a 1, second post gets a 2, third post gets a 3, etc.

Saturday morning I will write down everyone's name with when they posted (in order) and then roll a 20 sided dice to pick 3 random winners. Those will be the slots picked to be drawn over the weekend.

Once you win a free commission, you need to wait a month before applying for a new slot. This will make it fair to new comers.

If you don't want to take the chance with the dice (which I will post the video of me actually rolling it so everyone knows the picks are legit), then I accept paypal payments of $5 per fish.

Also, inspired by SkyeWillow's betta mermen, I've decided I will offer 1 betta mermaid/merman every two weeks. So if you would like to see your betta as an aquarion humanoid, please say so when you post your picture.

So, a summarized version;

- 1 AM Wednesday - Friday at midnight = chance to post your picture
- Saturday Morning I roll dice, post video of dice rolls, and 3 winners are selected
- If you don't want to wait and take the chance of losing, $5 via PayPal for betta commission, $10 via PayPal for merman/maid betta commission
- Can only win a betta commission once a month
- Can only win the mermaid/man betta commission once every 3 months.

So, I will be keeping quite a bit of paperwork to keep track of it all, but this system will make it fun and fair, and gives me time to relax after work during the week - and gives me something productive to do on the weekends =)

Now then, the better the photo of your fish, the more accurate my art will be. Large, clear photos that capture natural coloring are the best.

Here is what the finished product will look like

You can view more via my betta art album in my profile, or by visiting my deviantart.

Currently I don't have any betta-mermaid/men made, so the first person to get one will be my prototype! But my humanoid art can also be found on deviantart. xD
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #2 
Perry the platypus

It's not 2012 anymore.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #3 
Syriiven

The art was done in 2012, lol. And I knew you'd be first to post.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #4 
Syriiven

Gotta wait until 1 Am Wednesday for it to be legit. Spose I should add in a timezone since there's quite a few people from oceanic places on here.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #5 
Syriiven

I really hate how this forum doesnt let me edit my posts after navigating fromt he page >.< Anyways...

Contestors take note; only entries entered between 1 Am Wednesday - Friday Midnight ROcky Mountain Time are legitimate entries.

So look at it as a chance to get the best pictures you can of your fish before then =)
Old 01-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #6 
Syriiven

Its no biggie, you can always re-post the picture later. I welcome all entries =) And this place is for chatting too.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #7 
Skyewillow

That's awesome that you're going to do merpeople! Did you ever get Seiya's that I emailed to you?
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #8 
Syriiven

Yes! I'm sorry, I thought I replied >.< My brain's like mush lately, totally spacing out all the tiiiime~~~

Did you have a good new year?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #9 
bryanacute

Stayed up til' 5 playing sims 3. Hey Tori, if you want you can randomly select 3 people and I can draw their betta in cartoon form.

Also, I didn't see this, but if we have already had a pic drawn can we get another? If so, I'll get Hades pic up soon.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #10 
Syriiven

So long as it's between wednesday morning and friday midnight it's legit.

And yes, people I've drawn for before can re-enter, since it's the new year and I'ms tarting with a fresh thread.

And if you want to draw people's bettas using this thread go ahead =) I'll elt you choose who's or you can let them say if they want one or not. I don't mind sharing thread space.

Tags
syriiven betta art