Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #11 
LadyVictorian

searched over both my plants and couldn't find any, could they hide on the wood?

Nix seems to be curiously hanging around the plants now that i think of it. She's there more than she use to be.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #12 
MSG

Usually these things will MOVE underneath the leaves. Find the leaves that were cut out & that's where they'll be.

I'm not sure what your tank looks like but WOOD is the last spot they'll loiter around since green on a brown surface doesn't match & their hiding spot sticks out like a sore thumb.

Leaf miners and the the other worm like insects that turn themselves into insect cannolis in addition to the dragon fly larvae are some the hitchhikers I dislike the most. Hydra's can be a menace too but only if you have a fry tank.

Once you get rid of them (Check over a week or two for additional signs) you'll be THRILLED & then 1 month later you forget all about them until they reappear in the tank.

Find the camouflaged adults for your bettas, & hopefully they will locate the smaller ones before reaching adulthood & mine the rest of your plants.
  • If you can get a decent photo of the plant that's missing pieces I can tell if you really are dealing with the "miners".
Remove the plant from the tank, put it by a window or bright light & photograph the leaves.

I've left my java ferns out of the water for about an hour or more with no ill effects to the plant.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote