Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #1 
nehemiahludden

this is my whiskers

Name:  20130113_212603.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  20130113_212648.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  43.0 KB

this is whiskers in his new home. no its not complete but tomorrow it will have a Aqueon whisper filter to finish the equipment. and on the 3rd it will contain a few live plants that i have hand chosen and also a aqueon incendecent hood that will contain a 50 watt black light and also a florecent bulb as well.
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #2 
nehemiahludden

when i added him to the new home he seemed to be happy. after about 5 minutes he was all over the new home. he seems to like the left hand side of the tank farthest from the heater at this point although he does hang out next to it when i am close to the tank. should this be a concern or is he adjusting to his new home.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

He may be bored with no decor. It's normal for them to be curious in a new tank.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #4 
nehemiahludden

question do i need the filter tomorrow or can i wait like 20 days to add one if i do weekly water changes on his tank? he is now in a 10 gallon tank.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #5 
AyalaCookiejar

They don't NEED a filter. Waiting 20 days will not hurt him at all, as long as you keep up on those water changes. The filter will eliminate the need for doing 100% water changes.

However, if you have no decor, I recommend you get some as soon as possible. He needs at least one plant that will reach the surface of the water, or a betta hammock of some sort. He will be happier to have some cover and resting places near the surface.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #6 
Armyguy03

Looks great! Cant wait to see your decor. I added a bunch of silk plants and a Betta Hammock. I recently nestled the betta hammock in a corner and surrounded it with a tall silk plant, it is now his sleeping place. It's actually perfect because it provides him with ample soft cover, and is close enough to the surface where it takes little effort for him to take breaths when needed.
Armyguy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #7 
WhiskeyHands

is the betta hammock the leaf where you hold to the glass with that suction thingy? ive read somewhere that there's metal in the leaf to hold it still and that it will rust! I bought one yesterday and found it on its reviews :/
WhiskeyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #8 
Armyguy03

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyHands View Post
is the betta hammock the leaf where you hold to the glass with that suction thingy? ive read somewhere that there's metal in the leaf to hold it still and that it will rust! I bought one yesterday and found it on its reviews :/
Yes, it has the metal wire, however, these can be easily removed, jus use a pair of pliers and pull it out. Surround it with some tall silk plants and give your lil guy a nice resting place.
Armyguy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #9 
nehemiahludden

will the banana plant harm my betta. iw as reading some stuff on them and saw that they can be poiseness to them if something is not clipped off the plant. i am not sure i would even want to have to clip something even if it prevent it from being poiseness to the betta becaise i would think it would over time grow back.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #10 
nehemiahludden

awesome filter

Name:  20130114_161323.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  45.9 KB
this is the tank with the new filter in it.

Name:  20130114_161335.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  47.8 KB
this is by far the quietest filter i have ever heard in my life.