Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #1 
kngiraffe

If I can find a pretty and healthy one...

I’ll be purchasing a new betta this week. Now I just have decide if I want to fill my 5 gallon up and get a mini plant for just put it in one of those vases they used to come in. (I really like the spongebob tank but I have too many tanks) (and I know heaven forbid I wanna put him in a vase. I know what is recommended I had one for over a year. I know what to do and what not to do. I would take all of the precautionary with a vase just like I would my 5 gallon)

if i do use my 5 gallon tank i wanna have a neat set up. i'm kind of feeling sand. any thoughts or opinions on sand?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-14-2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Watch the profanity please.
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #2 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngiraffe View Post
I’ll be purchasing a new betta this week. Now I just have decide if I want to fill my 5 gallon up and get a mini plant for just put it in one of those vases they used to come in. (I really like the spongebob tank but I have too many tanks) (and I know heaven forbid I wanna put him in a vase. I know what is recommended I had one for over a year. I know what to do and what not to do. . I would take all of the precautionary with a vase just like I would my 5 gallon)

if i do use my 5 gallon tank i wanna have a neat set up. i'm kind of feeling sand. any thoughts or opinions on sand?
Uhm.. I don't fully understand what you're talking about but PLEASE watch your language.. we have some young kids on this site!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-14-2013 at 12:48 AM.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #3 
Sixwolf

I'd go with the 5-gal. There's a lot more you can do with it, decoration-wise. Also if you go with sand, go with something that will bring out your bettas colors. Black is usually nice, unless of course your betta is black.
Sixwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #4 
aemaki09

+1 hannah

Sands good to use. buy a big bag of play sand from a home improvement store instead of the stuff at the petstore. Its cheaper this way, and you're bound to vacuum it up here and there during water changes, so its good to have extra lying around when you need to refil
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #5 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Uhm.. I don't fully understand what you're talking about but PLEASE watch your language.. we have some young kids on this site!
what i "meant" was i'm thinking about getting a real plant, but i'm not entirely sure.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-14-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: More profanity.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #6 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixwolf View Post
I'd go with the 5-gal. There's a lot more you can do with it, decoration-wise. Also if you go with sand, go with something that will bring out your bettas colors. Black is usually nice, unless of course your betta is black.
I mean i have a bunch of stuff, like decoration wise from my last betta that I had. the one in my pf picture. i've always used pebbles or those glass rocks (whatever you wanna call them) but idk, i'm just so over using them. i'm ready for something cute, that will brighten up the tank and make it look cleaner (like visual wise)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #7 
kngiraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
+1 hannah

Sands good to use. buy a big bag of play sand from a home improvement store instead of the stuff at the petstore. Its cheaper this way, and you're bound to vacuum it up here and there during water changes, so its good to have extra lying around when you need to refil
ahh okay, i'll have to check out that sand then. and then try to figure out what i wanna do.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #8 
kngiraffe

any other direction advice. i always see these real cute tanks with like random things in em. like cups, animal figurines and stuff like that.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #9 
JadeSparrow

I tend to raid the hobby lobby sales when they put all the seasonal decorations on sale. Some of their ceramic pieces are just adorable and my snails like to move them around... yes I have crazy snails lol
JadeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta fish, healthy, pretty