Betta Fish Forum banner

Cellophane Dragon? Possible Marble??

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Myates 
#1 ·
Hi there, I was hoping someone could help me identify what this beautiful little guy is, and also advise on what the new spots on his body could be.

When I first brought him home (which was about a month and a half ago) he was a beautiful white with iridescent scales. Recently, his body has turned more of a pinkish hue with much more of the iridescent coloring, along with these darker spots (which started to show in the last week or two). I believe he's a Cellophane Dragon DT, but now I'm starting to wonder if he could also be a marble... or should I be concerned?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, here are some photos of the color transition. The last photo has been enhanced to highlight the spotting, since I was having a hard time getting them to show with the flash and the iridescent scales. :)

Thank you in advanced for your help!!

View attachment 73785

View attachment 73786

View attachment 73787

#3 ·
Thank you for replying so quickly! I thought he was a halfmoon too, but the guy at the shop insisted, so...

Yes, the color change was quick. About 3 days tops and every day since then the spots seem a little more prominent.

He's is gorgeous isn't he? I'm so in love with him. :)

#4 ·
He may also be coloring up because of his change of environment - from bad to good =) Marble will continue to chage color over the course of months, so keep an eye on him.

He could be a super delta, my Seiya (also labelled a halfmoon but rarely flares 100% 180 degrees) spreads about the same as your guy, but I still think he has a chance to be a halfmoon xD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.