Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #1 
KadenJames

Smile KadenJames Back Again?

Hellloooo again, everyone

It's been almost half a year since I've been on here.
The last you guys really heard from me, I had lost my job, my relationship and nearly my apartment. I had to terminate my beloved copper HMPK spawn, the pair alone for which I wasted easily over a $150 on. -_-

An update as to everything now - I am happily single, enjoying a new job that is a million times better than my past one, and have recently moved into a spacious 3 bedroom house that I have allll to myself.

Now that I'm finally getting settled into everything, I'm getting that odd tingling at my fingertips to browse through Aquabid once again. I miss it dearly, owning and breeding these feisty fish. So, it's time I start planning from scratch a new breeding program, and fish room.

Most of all, though, I want all of YOUR input on the decisions I make. I adore BettaFish.com, and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things.

First up, dedicating one of my spare rooms to the Bettas. I think I've decided on my smaller room with hardwood flooring - it'll be easier to heat and I can lay down area rugs for spills. I'm scouting local pet stores for barracks and pumps - I'm going all out on a barrack system this time.

The next thing to decide is what types of bettas to focus breeding on - last year my main focus was HMPK. This year I think I'm leaning more towards halfmoon, or perhaps the oh-so mischievous doubletail.

Anyways, enough blabbing, just wanted to say hello again, and I look forward to refreshing my memory on all things betta. :)
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #2 
MrVampire181

Dom here, I tried contacting you on my fish but never got a response :c Sorry if you felt like I just abandoned them with you :c But glad to see we're both getting back into the hobby.

I'd like to see some solid HM and DT lines ;D I love solid colors. I'm gonna get some reds with DT genes and might start breeding VTs in new colors.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #3 
KadenJames

Dom... breeding VT? :-O
Never thought I'd see that. Heehee.
What ended up happening with your lovely reds?
And the barrack system?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #4 
MrVampire181

My reds died. Kind of glad we never met up for me to take those fish because I lost everything except my karen girl and a blue PK.

I adore VTs XD Now that they're becoming in demand in new forms (seen Aquastars recently?) I want to kind of want to be involved in getting that going.

Barrack system is like 90% complete. I just need to drill second holes into the jars again to avoid overflowing but it works amazingly well.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 AM   #5 
KadenJames

Oh no, you lost them all :( Even Karen's boy? What a pity, they were all fabulous.
Basement Bettas still posts fish from AB on my wall, and I did take a peek at those VT. Magnificent, they look like lions :)

I found myself in Petco the other day browsing. Amazing how no matter how long you stay away, the bettas always become appealing xD
Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #6 
MrVampire181

Well after spending soo much on that system I felt really bad about leaving it empty haha. I was actually planning on selling my tanks a few times but I knew I'd be back eventually haha.

I won't be back entirely for awhile. Depending on summer plans. I'm currently resisting bleaching everything and heading to PetCo and starting up again right now haha.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #7 
KadenJames

Yeah, I have a storage area full of fish supplies xD one of my fish stands is currently holding up my TV.... oish. I just need to start drawing out a budget for a solid system. The place I was living in before was just not big enough. Petco was having a dollar per gallon sale when I went... you have NO idea how hard it was not to walk out with multiple large tanks. Well... I take that back, you of all people probably know how hard it is to resist :D
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #8 
MrVampire181

If I had more room I'd be at every $1 a gallon sale XD Luckily all my big tanks were either gifts or my brother's when he couldn't take them.

Right now I need plants and filters. I think my issues in the past were because I never used filters and relied on frequent big water changes only.

I'm actually re-doing my room and might bring one of my 30s up here... Hesitant because it'll start with a 30 and the next thing I'll have two fish rooms XD
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #9 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi KJ, good to have you back.

Sorry you went through rough times. Hope everything works out for you.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #10 
Laki

Sorry about what happened but I am glad to see you back and happier :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote