Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #21 
MSG

Their pet department is there to lure customers into their store.... who are looking for cheap dog/cat/fish food.

I'm sure the fish area is a place where some parents leave their kids unattended to wreck havoc.

Every store is different based on who actually works there and the GM's store policies. Lower end employees are easily replaced, don't have much input, but the supervisors & managers have some leeway.

Most people who shop there.... go because it's convenient & overall their prices than most of their other competitors.

Low prices = some sort of trade off.

Instead of going to 7 different "specialty" stores, you can get ALL your shopping done there.

No need to go to a....
  • auto parts store
  • pet store
  • clothing store
  • grocery store
  • basic home furnishings store
  • home improvement
  • candles/crafts/etc...

Just go to Walmart. You will end up saving gas, money & most importantly time.

If you have a problem with that specific department in the store, file a complaint. But you have to do in a effective manner or they'll add your outburst to the ignore pile.
  • Walmart WANTS their customers to be happy, so you'll stay longer & BUY MORE.
  • Keep in mind if you don't spend much there, they're not going to really care what you think. This rule applies to ALL profitable businesses.
  • The customers that matter to them are the ones that consistently spend at least 25% or more of their weekly paycheck in their stores.

What Walmart offers in terms of products & goods, don't meet my needs, so I go elsewhere. That's why I haven't stepped inside a Walmart in over 2 years.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #22 
LadyVictorian

Oh I am writing a very well detailed letter with pictures to walmart in hopes they will change and let them know my family use to be loyal customers but because of this we have all decided not to support this company anymore and go elsewhere for our things....which is honestly each to do since Target's just as good and minus the live fish, and what do you know, right across the street from walmart.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #23 
AyalaCookiejar

Let us lure in customers by advertising dead fish on the shelf.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #24 
LadyVictorian

I would love to take your idea of dead fish poster propiganda and even just spam it on the internet to show people Walmarts ways. Not everyone will care but maybe those who DO will outcry against it and if we hit them in balk they have to do something.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #25 
Kuro

my walmart takes ok care but not enough care of the fish in the tanks but the betta's are left rot and die in their half filled cups of death. just rescued a tiny blue and red VT female and the water in her cup tested at 4-5 ppm of ammonia! after slowly getting her use to new water she now has a 1g tank to live in for now and in maybe a month i'll buy her atleast a 2.5g tank till then i'll just be doing lots of water changes.

this little girl was the lucky one of all the females they had there today...2 goregous green girl had already passed and the fourth was nearly gone but they girl i took home was still active and perky dispite her nasty deadly water

Last edited by Kuro; 01-15-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #26 
Fishybitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
If you were working long hours, getting paid minimum wage you're not going to be too HAPPY either.

Even if a employee cares about animals, Walmart is such a HUGE store. They're not going to want an employee hanging out in the pet department all day long unless there is a customer that complains.

The walmart by me, there are so many people there just walking around looking for something to do. I see so many times they will just be standing in an aisle talking to each other about so n so.
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote