Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #21 
Laki

Okay, so if you're going to use epsom salt for a few days you can pre mix 1tsp per gallon (16 US cups). Stir it up really well [sometimes it can take a few minutes to dissolve] and use that water for his water change in his regular tank.
You should do this until he begins to swim better.- removing 1/3 of the water and replacing it with more epsom salt water daily.

If he looks a bit bloated he could either be bloated from eating, in which case fast him for 2 days. If you notice his belly gone down, feed him after two days. If you have not fed him enough to bloat him check him for pineconing. Look down from above at him, see if his scales are beginning to lift off (for reference, google image search for "pineconing betta").
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #22 
IndeedSir

Thanks a ton! The weird thing is, he's better again and I didn't even do anything yet I was out looking everywhere for the epsom salt yesterday (no success) and when I got home he was completely normal, swimming upright in the middle of the tank. I did fast him after I first noticed his sideways-ness and stuff, but I fed him last night and just now and he seems fine. Weird, but I'm not complaining Either way, I'm still going to go get the salt in case it happens again. Thank you so much for helping and I'll keep all your advice in mind!
IndeedSir is offline   Reply With Quote